The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! Empty
PostSubject: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Today after work, An and I walked back home through the city center of my home town in the Netherlands. Sometimes I pay a small visit to the local toy shop (Bart Smit, a dutch store chain) to check the newest modern Hasbro and Lego Star Wars toys, just for fun, to please the kid in me. Luckily An always understands. Very Happy
So nothing special really, but today was little bit different, what I saw today was jaw dropping.
Look for yourself!

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! 2012-03-09163757_2

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! 2012-03-09163837_2

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! 2012-03-09163849_2

Below the modern 2011 and 2012 lines, there were suddenly Power of the Jedi and even Power of the Force 2 cards hanging on their pegs. I couldn’t belief what I saw. Freeze Frame cards from 1998 in my toyshop in 2012, 14 years after their initial release!!!

There were a lot of the same figures (Weequay, not the rare freeze frame variant unfortunately, I checked them all. Very Happy ), C3PO, 8D8, Han carbonite. So clearly these were overstock figures / former pegwarmers, which had waited a long time in a storage house somewhere to finally go to retail again.

I could not help myself buying two cards for my modern protocol droid and astromech collection. This was probably the only and last chance ever to buy a Kenner card, in a regular toyshop. So I had to do it, and it felt good to do so. Very Happy

My latest Kenner purchase (right) at my local retailer.
OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! 2012-03-091642_2

Off course I know it is not a vintage Kenner card, and technically Kenner was already a part of Hasbro in 1998, but I didn’t care. I enjoyed this unexpected encounter very much!!

BTW: Sorry for the crappy phone pics, I was shaking too much of excitement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Great discovery MArco!!
Allways is a pleasure to found old items on a modern toy shop Smile . i love that feeling
Congrats !!
BTW you have PM back Wink

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Not what you would exect to see at retail, I can see why it gave you a thrill. Compared to the new figures the POTF2 & POTJ figures appear to be relatively cheap too!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Nice story Smile Pretty cool, seem to be in great condition too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:20 pm

they are expencive marco :noooooo:

where is the 99p line on the 1980's shelf Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:24 pm

Shocked Awesome Find Marco! Love those POTJ Cards! Cool
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Great story Marco and well spotted there. Your inner kid was definitely satisfied today Cool
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Awesome Marco, Maybe next time you visit they have vintage Shocked

I can see the price is good if it is in Euro. In Denmark it would cost 15 Euro if we had Euro :scratch:
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:08 pm

More Kenner POTF2 cards for sale in 2012. This time the picture was taken in Utrecht (The Netherlands).

This time I didn't buy any. The bubble of the Gam Guard already started to yellow. Very Happy

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! 2012-03-22184003
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:12 pm

i heard more or less the same story from a belgian collector who found comparable "oldies" at his local bart smit store

perhaps they found some excess stock somewhere in the back of the main bart smit warehose?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 pm

These are all European cards ('trilogo'), so you are probably right and they have been stored in a warehouse somewhere all that time.

I hope they will dig up some boxed vehicles as well. Still need a POTF2 AT-AT, would be great to have it for 15 Euro....wishful thinking, I know. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:

These are all European cards ('trilogo'), so you are probably right and they have been stored in a warehouse somewhere all that time.

I hope they will dig up some boxed vehicles as well. Still need a POTF2 AT-AT, would be great to have it for 15 Euro....wishful thinking, I know. Very Happy

lol maybe not that far fetched. If I got it right these didn't sell very well so they probably replaced the shelves with something that did sell and they ended up in a warehouse. Still think its cool they put them up again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!   OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT - I Bought Kenner Today, In My Local Toy Shop!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1