The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:29 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Rawlin wrote:

I'm not very happy about the new ones that get hard to id.

I agree with you there!
The trouble is as we find new ways to identify the repros, the scammers will use the information to improve their production (provided there is a profit in it).
I'm certainly glad I'm not just starting out in this hobby!

Yeah that would suck. Not knowing of repros and all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 8:34 am

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 _57110

Evil or Very Mad

Same seller as the original post. arvid72

"I have had these for about 7 or 8 years, and received them in a large lot of Original Vintage Star Wars accessories. Everything in that lot WAS original, but I have NEVER BEEN 100% SURE ABOUT THESE. I sold a few of them on eBay a few years ago, and only one collector that purchased one even questioned the authenticity, so I pulled the auction. As a long time collector I'd rather not sell items I thought to be original if they are not! So I will not claim these as original, even though they might be. "

100% FAKE
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 SDC12144
Back to top Go down
CazzaVR
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 5:05 am

Hi guys,

bought this a few weeks ago http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301651478675? ... EBIDX%3AIT The seller assured me it was 100% legit as he hates repro etc etc. It got lost in the post, so he sent me another and it arrived this morning. After checking the guide on TIG http://www.imperialgunnery.com/palaceblasters.htm and it appears it may be a repro V2 as it doesn't have the tiny bump on the barrel. However, I'm not 100% convinced it's repro, even without the bump. It floats and sounds the same as my legit blasters when dropped. It's also very clean/well defined, with no flashing etc.The plastic seems to be identical to my original one- both have the same flexibility etc.

I've messaged the seller and this is the reply:

It is most defiantly not a repro. We do not deal with reproductions and have had this well before reproductions were even made. It is flexible, passes the water test. I have sold several of my authentic weapons and only one other person in over a year has thought it was a repro and they sited the same website as you have. Clearly there were several molds used to make these and I made certain that my photos clearly displayed what the weapon looked like. If you believe this "bump" theory why did you buy

Truth be told, I should've researched better before buying. Thought it looked good in the pic and didn't know that it needed a bump on the barrel  Rolling Eyes

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 $_57
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 $_57
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 8:21 am

Welcome to TIG, CazzaVR  welcome

Sorry, it looks like the repro V2 to me as well.

Here is the original auction photo along with a lightened version.
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Poss_r10

Lightened version of above photo:
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Poss_r11

It could be a recasting of the V2 repro with a softer, more flexible plastic.
The reason I think this is because the same seller is also flogging another repro-looking V2 but this time cast in grey.

TIG has only ever documented a black V2... so either we missed the grey version first time around or it's new.  
Advertised as original by same seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Star-Wars-100-Original-Luke-Jedi-Gray-Blaster-Gun-Weapon-Authentic-/291461736093?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43dc79269d

Seller's auction pic: Weapon is grey but has no dot.
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Poss_r12

Lightened pic:
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Poss_r13

Not only this, but some of the repro stickers the same seller is flogging also come with free repro instruction sheets on how to affix them. Two repros for one!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 am

How awesome is that. "We don't deal in reproductions" just don't look at the reproduction stickers that we are selling. :I am stupid: lol!
Back to top Go down
CazzaVR
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks for your help chaps cheers

The high quality of it has really taken me aback! It's as detailed as my two original blasters, floats, sounds the same when dropped and 'feels' exactly the same! Going to send it back for a refund...
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 7:23 am

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 12380110
 FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 12516210

So these floating black palace blasters without the dot on barrel are still showing up.  NO other original palace blaster of any colour has ever appeared MOC, baggie or otherwise without the dot.

Unless a seller can prove otherwise they are WRONG to claim these as vintage originals.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Damn that's scary Shocked
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 2:01 am

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Sdc13710
Fake on the left has a flat barrel end

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Sdc13711

It' slightly thicker, I'll work on better pictures Embarassed
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 4:02 am

There seem to be a few tell tale signs, lack of detail on the mussel/scope and thicker into places.

Also noticed 1 or 2 people have recently found been tricked with these on FB, so it'll be good to get the info out there.

I also noticed that snakeman seller on eBay has 7 packs?? Of repros are they new or old?

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 5:09 am

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Luke-Battle-Poncho-BLACK-POTF-Palace-Gun-Blaster-ORIGINAL-NOT-Repro-Star-Wars-/361470875528?hash=item542957d788%3Ag%3A7yQAAOSwpRRWnERG&nma=true&si=GCXkJvL07ne9zXklv4FFjNgGmoY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 $_12

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 12980410
flat end reproduction in the middle
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 3:38 pm

I use this thread for an advice.

I follow an auction on ebay concerning general lando

What do you think about the blaster. V3 repro or original.
It has the circle on the barrel, the round on the handle and it floats. seems a bit shiny.

seller answer about plastic : It does have a slight flex

Thanks

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 4a0s

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 Ygj0
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:17 am

It looks to clean to be the version 3 repro. They have lots of flashing or excess plastic. Granted it could be cleaned off by hand, but to cut that excess plastic off clean enough there would be scraping along the edge of the gun most likely revealing damage. Personally i think this one is real.
Back to top Go down
centurio
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 10:52 am

thanks bryan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS    FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAKE BLACK PALACE BLASTERS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2