The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 7:45 am

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews168812.html

Looks like they've reported all of the most recent bad reviews and had them removed!

Pathetic
Back to top Go down
choco_pie
New User
New User
choco_pie

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:26 pm

It's not pathetic in their eyes, they're trying to protect their rip-off operation from being 'persecuted' by people they've ripped off.

All above board eh? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 am

I have locked this thread as there is no need for it to be bumped every week unless any further information needs to be added at this stage all parties have had there say and users can make up there own mind regarding this company.

It is easy to search for this this thread if required and it will remain on the site.

If any TIG members do chose to deal with Who Blackpool (which i very much doubt now they dont accept Paypal) and have a bad experience then they can PM a MOD or Admin who will unlocked the thread so they can add a comment.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:38 am

Jay has kindly unlocked this thread so I can add my experience of dealing with WHO-Blackpool.

I'm not to sure if these guys still trade on ebay,if they do I'd advise memebers to block them as buyers NOW!!

A couple of years back I had a sales thread with a few modern Embarassed items I was clearing out and WHO won a few of them. They then paid via pay-pal with an e-cheque(think this may be the problem),it took a while to clear but the funds went into my account so I duly posted the items off to them.

A few days later they posted positive feedback to say they had received the items and I never thought anything else of it,until a few weeks later and I got a chargeback from pay-pal saying the items were never recieved by WHO. Now I know the ins and outs of selling on ebay and I sent the items by regular postage to keep costs down,so becuase I couldn't provide tracking info pay-pal automatically found in the buyers favour,which is common practice I know.

The amount wasn't a great deal,about £40 if I remember correctly,but they had left feedback to say they had received the items and a little while later I'm sure they were for sale in their shop.

Like I've said not sure if they still trade on ebay but in over 5 years of trading on ebay this is he 1st and only problem I have ever had,no coincidence IMO GET THEM BLOCKED NOW!!!

my ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=8160leeg&ftab=AllFeedback
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:47 am

I've just re-read my comments and realised without who's username it's probably a bit pointless,but someone out there must know
a)if they still tarde on the bay
b)what there current userid is

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 5:50 am

Thanks for that Lee its good for another trusted member of the vintage community to add there comments regarding there experience with this particular company.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 9:49 am

Sorry to hear that you got scammed by those scumbags Lee! Twisted Evil

When i posted this thread over on SWF,Bollux said he sold them something on ebay & said the guy was a prick so hopefully he can remember what their ebay user id is & let us know! Very Happy

Last edited by DarthStanley on Mon May 03, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 11:56 am

Thank goodness this guy was posted in the watch out thread.

This will be one dealer i don't need to do business with.

Good work guy's posting up the scammer's the more people know about them,the less people will be ripped off.

I think we all know best stay away from these guy's.Thank you for the head's up.Dan. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: i think it's gonna be me!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:37 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Those reviews are the worst i have ever seen!!!

The will piss the wrong guy off one day and they will go to the shop to hunt them down lol

Cheers for the heads up Mark

so was just online, looking at the reviews for my least favourite website in the world, found this nifty little thread. if only i'd seen this a couple of months ago i could have saved myself a lot of hassle!

same story as ever, paid the money, received no item, send emails every day only to get no reply. unfortunately i missed out on filing a paypal claim by only a few days so my case is closed and whoblackpool are free to walk away with my money.

WHOBLACKPOOL REFUND MEEEE!!!!
Back to top Go down
choco_pie
New User
New User
choco_pie

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:28 pm

I was dissapointed to see this topic locked but happy to see it sensibly re-opened. I'm sure there are many people who get ripped off and stolen from by Who Crapool and find this thread in google desperation.

Personally I haven't forgotten about them, just been busy. I've already started a government claim - smalls claim court action can be done online. I'll find the links and post them up shortly.

I'd urge anyone to go through the same channels (I've posted info on trading standards here already - best to notify them of the issue so they have a record and then cut to the chase.)

Good luck to all, strength in numbers. Theives like this can only survive so long. cheers
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:25 pm

Hope all goes well and you get your money back!!!
Back to top Go down
choco_pie
New User
New User
choco_pie

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 11:20 am

Time for an update guys, for you and for David Simon who is currently trawling the net in fear of his livelihood no doubt.

So, I decided to pay Who Blackpool a visit. Obviously I didn't travel there just for them, but as we were in town for a long weekend I figured it would be a good idea to walk into the store and ask for my money back.

Lol, you should have seen the looks on their faces. David Simon looked like a rabbit in the headlights when he figured out who I was. The best thing was, he immediately pushed the responsibility onto Cathy (again), so we waited 30 minutes for her to get back from lunch so she could handle it. Nice guy. Rolling Eyes

These guys are the best, honest. On going back for my refund (myself and three others who were down for the weekend), we were told we were trespassing and had to leave. I went off to call the Police outside, and Cathy actually threatened the others by saying "shall I get (someone) up here to knock them out," to which David replied, "no not him, he'll do it too quickly." Shocked
(and yes, it was "knock" not 'chuck'.)

I didn't think the Blackpool Police would do anything of course - they can't settle an online dispute, but I called the bluff and phoned anyway. Apparently the woman on the phone was well aware of several reports regarding issues with the store. No surprise there then.

After we stepped outside for trespassing, David was kind enough to BS me for a few minutes on his doorstep. Funniest thing was he said I could be done for "slander" which was some kind of rubbish attempt at humour. I told him to have me arrested there and then - the bloke is clueless about freedom of speech on the internet, especially if you speak the truth. Going to court for 'slander' would be a nice payout for me I reckon! lol!

He also rudely told the asian girl with us "Can you stop talking please, I can't understand what you're saying," even though her English is fine. When inside the store he told her to "shut up," and stuck his had in her face, and squared up to one of my friends nose to nose.
Make of that what you will.

So yeah, nasty pieces of work, the both of them, and very much as you would expect. I really wanted some honesty out of him, and at one point I just said "please can we just drop the crap and be honest about it - you've taken my money and you know it, same as everyone else." But their resolve is incredible, like pathological liars who only admit their guilt through facial expressions when you turn up on their grotty doorstep. All I got was "you need to send a letter via your solicitor and contact the previous company owner..."
Hmmm, more on that shortly...

However, it wasn't a fruitless visit. Here's what I learned:

1: The shop is actually nice for enthusiasts, or at least it would be if it wasn't run by crooks. I partially see why they've resorted to theft: they have no business. The place was dead as a doornail and stock was literally piling up in there. Blackpool is broke as a joke too. The entire street next door is condemned to demolition, shame they couldn't have included one more shop eh?

2: Reverse psychology only works on idiots. Both David and Cathy were careful to note several times, "thanks for your comments online, it's brought us a lot more business." Ha ha, yeah, all good. In that case folks, feel free to spread the word. cheers Obviously it's great for business, which is why these guys spend most of their precious time writing fake positive reviews all over the internet and contact webmasters to remove the negative ones. Pull the other one. I'll be sure to drum up some more business for you though, no need to thank me.

3: Cathy let their sneaky tactics slip, which I was grateful for as it saved me much bother playing cat and mouse with small claims courts. After we all left the store, one handed me a piece of paper with Zygondayz written on it, which Cathy had given them as a point of contact. Apparently it's the name of the 'previous' company. Then it clicked with me why they kept telling me I "have to write a letter through a solicitor" to get a refund. Here's how they work:

Who Blackpool rip people off all the time. Taking money and not sending goods is part of their operation. But in the event anyone tries to take them to court or get their refund back through small claims courts, they write the refund off as responsibility of the previous company.

Who Blackpool was owned under the following company names:

2008: Kaled LTD
2009: Zygondayz
2010: S Parsons

It costs about £20 to register a new company each year, and every time they open a new one the previous company is placed into 'insolvency,' meaning they can't provide refunds for items sold under that particular company name.

Clever eh? Smile

Or is it? The one thing that can never change is their actual names, David Simon and Catherine Simpson. Each year with the change of the company, they switch around positions. David will become secretary and Catherine will become director - the year after they'll switch back.

But what happens if you just sued him, David Simon, rather than Who Blackpool? If you sued him for illegal practices and as a victim of theft, in court all of this information would be evidence for a massive payout.

So there you have it, the truth in black and white guys. I'm not interested in my money anymore - the look on their faces was worth £100 quid easy. But I'll be sure to notify people of my experience of the company so by the end it will have cost them a lot more than my refund would have done. Thing is, if they'd just given the money back in the beginning, I would have walked away most likely.

Negative reviews and reports are cropping up regularly all over the net. Amusingly I keep seeing these guys stick comments and replies up to people on review sites complaining that it's me, even though I'm nothing to do with them! Talk about paranoia... you'd have to be stupid to think you could rob so many people and only get negative reports from one guy. Rolling Eyes

The best thing is, as noted on this thread already, all negative reports on the net are genuine, but every single positive report is still being written by them. That means no real positive reports exist on the internet at all. Impressive.

Take it easy folks, if anything at least we've established that Who Blackpool is a clear no go for Star Wars memorabilia and collector enthusiasts. Just stick with the reputable places and all should be well. Wink
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Unbelievable Choco!

You go into their shop asking for your money back that they stole & they resort to threatening you & your friends Rolling Eyes

These cowards have shown their true colours but never mind mate,what goes around comes around! Very Happy

Avoid WHO Blackpool like the plague guys! dalek
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:32 am

Wow sound's like some slimy people there.
I've heard bad thing's about these people before,but this is realy something,how do they afford to keep their lite's on with such terrible customer service and faulty sale's.
Man bad mojo,thank's for this update choco.
Back to top Go down
choco_pie
New User
New User
choco_pie

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:10 am

vintageSWfan wrote:
Wow sound's like some slimy people there.
I've heard bad thing's about these people before,but this is realy something,how do they afford to keep their lite's on with such terrible customer service and faulty sale's.
Man bad mojo,thank's for this update choco.

No probs dude, I figured this was something worth sharing even if it wasn't a particularly good experience... Can you imagine if it had been different though, and they'd actually been nice? "They were actually really nice and apologetic and refunded me straight away..."

That could have been good press for them if they weren't such cretinous thieves. Oh well, not my problem. Rolling Eyes

I got a few PM's from people, including some poor guy in Lithuania who registered just to tell me he got robbed for £140 by Who Blackpool. Awful. :pale:

Apparently the company is still responsible for all outstanding debt issues to customers even if it changes hands/names according to Trading Standards, so that makes no difference whatsoever. If someone wants to sue the hell out of them, go right ahead, I'll be a witness for you, but life is calling me at the moment and I've got plenty to do, so for the time being I'm just going to keep spreading the good word and help fellow enthusiasts to avoid getting ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 9:16 am

It's a shame collector shops can be run by guys like this , I must admit I have seen a few complaints in collector stores over the years and its never pretty, either the owners are greedy or lazy and they always end up letting someone down.

Can't say they are all like that but the two big collector shops where I used to live were both pretty crappy.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:37 pm

To add to this thread people have had there say and the info is listed in the thread.

For the users who signed up just to comment on this thread (and are not part of this community or even vintage SW collectors) you have had a say no futher comments will be allowed to be posted. If you think you have some new groundbreaking info you want posting contact the Moderation team first and they will review the details.

I have just deleted the last post made today as it brought nothing new to the table and included vulgar language and threats (also the user has played no part in the community and seems to have sign up just to post on this thread)

To Who Blackpool who i know are reading due to an email i recieved rigorous technical checks are made and if some one was signing up under multiple accounts then we would know.

Fact is trusted community members who we know personally were ripped off by your online store (the details are in this thread) i have also seen all the paypal claim evidence that fully supports this.

All users can make what they will and Who Blackpool certainly have the right to post on this thread again if they so choose.

I also want to draw attention to the following disclaimer -

The Imperial Gunnery Forum Website Disclaimer
Site members and visitors shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. Information obtained in a forum may not be accurate or reliable. All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of The Imperial Gunnery Forum (unless The Imperial Gunnery Forum is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this The Imperial Gunnery Forum web site does not mean that The Imperial Gunnery Forum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. The Imperial Gunnery Forum shall not be liable for any statement, misstatement, inaccuracy or omission of any type for any content submitted by a site member or visitor on any forum. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to admin@imperialgunneryforum.com. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Jay

Back to top Go down
choco_pie
New User
New User
choco_pie

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 am

Jay, just wanted to say thanks for standing firm regarding your position as forum moderator. This thread is an important source of information, but I agree it isn't a place for every guy arriving from google to add to, especially if you're not a figure enthusiast.
In the interests of keeping the thread clean, if you are arriving from google and have an experience to share, the best place to do it is here:

www.ripoffreport.com

Search either 'whoblackpool' or 'who blackpool' to see reports from several people already on this forum. Ripoffreport have a policy of non-removal of any reports made, and is a great source of info for businesses that have scammed people out of cash.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 12:32 pm

Was in Blackpool at the weekend and went into this shithole & they had signs up saying that they were closing down!!! cheers cheers cheers

Hopefully Trading Standards have finally shut these thieving bastards down for good & they never open up again! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TIGGER
New User
New User

PostSubject: Whoblackpool still online   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 2:04 pm

I just wanted to add some info here, as i've had run ins with Dave Simon without actually knowing he was behind 'Whoblackpool' or 'Who Blackpool'.
The WBP website is still up and running - though their shop has closed they are still very active on line via their site and facebook.
In fact, Dave Simon has been operating on the convention circuit the past few months under the name 'Toys Inc' and according to his twitter account 'davesimon10' it states he had travelled over 1000 miles in one week, so i'd imagine his intention to run and operate 'pop up shops' before and during the christmas period just gone, actually happened. quite convenient way to operate if you dont want people tracking you down for refunds ... not that i'm claiming he would you understand.
Back to top Go down
jabbathefett
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
jabbathefett

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 1:37 pm

WOW... Im glad i saw this. I almost placed an order with this company not that long ago. I still go back to see if the items i wanted were still in stock from time to time. Phew!! frustrated
Back to top Go down
TIGGER
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 pm

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dave-simon-194b46b1

http://www.inctoys.com/

which is linked to;

http://www.whoblackpool.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!   WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHO Blackpool-Do not buy online!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3