The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Empty
PostSubject: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Are either of these COOs known variants?

Most Vaders I have seen are just Hong Kong, but I have never seen one with Made in Hong Kong until I found this one. The most noticable difference between this and a regular HK COO is the figures left foot has a slightly square edge that protrudes from the bottom of the boot.

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Madeinhk1 Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Madeinhk2

Closeup of torso
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Madeinhkfront

Closeup of the COO
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Madeinhkleg

The second Vaders COO is missing the H in Hong Kong and has extremly glossy limbs and head compared to a standard HK Vader. The back of the head also has a small circular indentation.

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Ongkong1
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Ongkong2

Closeup of torso
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Ongkongfront

Closeup of the COO
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Ongkongback

Closeup of indentation
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Ongkonghead

Comparison of boots
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Feetcomp
Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Interesting stuff, Josh!!

I never saw this "Made in Hong Kong" Vader before, it is also not listed in the COO guide.

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Darth_20

On this site, a MIHK Vader is listed and described as having glossy torso and limbs, like your figure.

http://www.highasakoit.co.uk/starwars/vader.php

MIHK Darth Vader.
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Vaderhk2front

Nothing is said about its origin (card).

Hope that helps a bit.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:59 pm

Thanks for the link. It definitely helped, but it also helped me notice another difference in the chestbox details. My MIHK Vader has thinner lines and round buttons instead of square. The 4th and 5th COO removed on the site have this feature but the MIHK has larger lines and square buttons. Of course these differences in the chestbox details might not be exclusive to only those COOs.

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Vaderlargeinfofront
Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* Vadercoorem2front

Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:36 am

I think the detail of the chests could be the same but look different because of the pain application, the area above the left thumb seems different though. I've read people say that the MIHK first 12 figures come off 12 back cards, I've not seen any evidence of this with the Vader but I have seen that Meccano Ben and Leia 12 backs and they have the same COO.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Scott, look closer at the chest panels of both Vader. Its not from the paint apps. The details are different on both. I couldnt really see it either until I had 2 windows open with each figure in seperate windows. One has thinner detail, the other has wider detail. Plus I had both figures in hand last night and you can see the difference.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:12 am

Very cool figure, funny and also really cool the H is missing Shocked

I also want such a figure :Drool:

Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 am

Chris_J wrote:
Scott, look closer at the chest panels of both Vader. Its not from the paint apps. The details are different on both. I couldnt really see it either until I had 2 windows open with each figure in seperate windows. One has thinner detail, the other has wider detail. Plus I had both figures in hand last night and you can see the difference.

I've just had another look and think you and Josh is right, more square too but its hard to see in the pic Marco posted.
If It's correct about them coming from 12 backs then there should be a few other versions of this COO out there, I've only ever come across one, two now.

You say you had them in hand Chris, have you come across many over there?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Scott, the ones I had in hand to look at are the same ones Josh posted. Thats why I can say I can see the differences in the ones he has from personal inspection. His is the first one I can remember seeing like that.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Interesting that you've only seen the one like that Chris, what about the COO, have you seen many of them?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
Interesting that you've only seen the one like that Chris, what about the COO, have you seen many of them?

Chris_J wrote:
His is the first one I can remember seeing like that.

Ah.........................................no. I might have, but dont have the photos from my old collection to look back on to back it up. But what I can remember of it, no, that was the first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*   Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs  *pic heavy* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Made in Hong Kong & "ong" Kong Vader COOs *pic heavy*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1