The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" Empty
PostSubject: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:29 am

Hi lads i just wanted to let you know that TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" this is awesome news and the ranking has been achieved due the level of usage on the site which is fantastic.

We will no doubt move up and down over time but maintaining a 1st page status is certainly the aim and will definately ensure that new users can find us over the coming year Smile

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" GOOGLENUMBER1small
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 am

celebrate celebrate Good news Jay congratulations mate Wink . celebrate celebrate

Good to see SWF.UK is number three, well four if your countings TIGs top two finish Smile

Interesting though we're having more hits than the SWCA Shocked What a Face
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 am

celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking celebrate drinking

!!! TIME TO CELEBRATE !!!
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 am

Congrats Jay. Great News! celebrate celebrate
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:34 am

Congrats! This is what happens when you have a laid back forum that people actually enjoy going to and have fun while talking SW.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:40 am

Cheers Lads

It will go up and down i think its 4th at the moment as its all traffic related but we are maintaining a pretty steady ranking on the first page which is a great success considering we have only been live since Nov 19th!
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:54 pm

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" 633802202918840145-excellent
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Awesome news Jay! Smile

Whoo hoo! Smile
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Love the Simpsons comment Chaz!!!!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 pm

It's now number 5. SWFUK is number 1. But where's Rebelscum?
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Great news Jay, it comes up as 4 for me at the moment but as you said it all depends on traffic.

Emiel - If I am not mistaken RS is actually a private forum which means they don't use meta tags etc to get popular, RS began as a fan site which incorporated a forum and spread through word of mouth.

You cannot for example google someone on RS's username and find links to posts. (You will only find other accounts with the same name if the person uses it on other sites)
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Great news Jay, it comes up as 4 for me at the moment but as you said it all depends on traffic.

Emiel - If I am not mistaken RS is actually a private forum which means they don't use meta tags etc to get popular, RS began as a fan site which incorporated a forum and spread through word of mouth.

You cannot for example google someone on RS's username and find links to posts. (You will only find other accounts with the same name if the person uses it on other sites)

As Joe said Emiel.

SWF nearly always ranks no 1 on that search as the words starwars forum are actually in the domain name itself giving it a massive advantage when search those keys words.

As long as we can maintain a first page status that would be awesome Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Ah, thanks for the explanation guys. I always wondered about that.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:10 pm

The downside for SWF of being called "star wars forum" is that its not vintage specific so modern collectors, sellers + dealers join up quite a lot Wink

Jay - I don't have much experience with meta tags (I only set up a few for an old gaming forum) but have a question - if you google search "vintage star wars forum" with the space we aren't on the first page Sad how can we move up the list with that particular search phrase instead of "starwars" ?

Got to say once again though, regardless of google + meta tags I think the forum has got off to a flying start and its a great place, looking forward to many more years of TIG and the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

If you google for vintage Star Wars forum though this forum is nowhere to be seen. Neutral Any ideas about that?
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Joe_O wrote:
The downside for SWF of being called "star wars forum" is that its not vintage specific so modern collectors, sellers + dealers join up quite a lot Wink

Jay - I don't have much experience with meta tags (I only set up a few for an old gaming forum) but have a question - if you google search "vintage star wars forum" with the space we aren't on the first page Sad how can we move up the list with that particular search phrase instead of "starwars" ?

Got to say once again though, regardless of google + meta tags I think the forum has got off to a flying start and its a great place, looking forward to many more years of TIG and the forum Smile

GMTA celebrate

Or something.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:22 pm

Joe_O wrote:

I'm working on that Joe Wink

One big difference here is all the lads behind this site (i.e me, joe shawn, james and Tim and 100% comitted and active collectors) so there is zero chance of this site ever been switched off. If anything we will be working hard over the next few years to provide as much resourse as possible to help our fellow vintage collectors Smile
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:22 pm

just start a topic 'vintage star wars forum' lol

I am pretty sure this works, tey searching for a topic on this site and it comes first ....I think?
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 pm

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=latest+non+star+wars+related+purchase%2C+not+including+groceries&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&rlz=1R2RNWN_enGB359&aq=f&oq=

Cool Cool Cool .....do it

Make the page a welcome page, with a link to join Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"   TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TIG is currently the Number 1 Ranked site in Google for "vintage starwars forum"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1