The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VadersWS6
New User
New User

SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question Empty
PostSubject: SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question   SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello,
I've recently begun to start collecting older MOC figures as I've only had ROTJ & POTF previously. My last purchase was a SW Obi-Wan on a 20A Kenner card, which is my first 12/20/21 back MOC.

I was looking very closely at the bottom of the bubble where the skiny part entends out. (think some people call it the bubble stem?) There is a VERY small gap between the bubble and the card only where the bottom of the stem meets the card. The rest of the bubble is very firmly sealed including the areas on both sides next to the stem and there appears to be no other issues with the bubble. I wasn't able to get a good enough pic of it with my camera.

Does anyone else have any other 12/20/21 backs with bubble stems like this? Is this how they came from the factory? Sorry if this has been discussed before, I checked and couldn't find anything. I also checked all of my carded ROTJ and POTF figures and they don't have this gap.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question   SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 pm

ROTJ & POTF MOCs don't have that type of bubble that I know of. I've heard that the stem part was designed so the MOC can stand up on it's own. My only 20 back MOC (a B) has the gap, well there is no way for it to seal. I seem to recall some of these bubbles can sit that low on a card that they actually protrude past the cardboard & will not fit in a Star case!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question   SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

It is quite normal for single stemmed bubbles on SW & ESB cards to have a gap of about 1mm between the foot of the bubble stem & the card, as there is no flange to seal it. As previously mentioned the stem can also overhang the bottom of the card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question   SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW 20A Obi-Wan Bubble Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1