The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase Empty
PostSubject: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 2:12 pm

I just got screwed by JAPAN user ASAHIBASE ebay user for $322 - paypal rewarded him a refund even though I provided tracking # for package-
but becasue the package had not arrives in 20 days they gave him my money back automatyically- 35 days had transpired, and I see on blogs mail is taking up to 6 weeks to arrive in JApan now.
did not matter- I git burned.

I had even given him a PTY option but wanted cheaper mail so billed and he I used First class
Beginning to hate ebay/paypal- but I could now tell you how to screw sellers on ebay-
Im getting frustrated ebay wants us to use affordable shipping , yet paypal requires proof of receipt- I think its time to sell elsewhere folks,
I was screwed - big time so beware if you see this dude name.
or a 32bk luke- a 21bk luke pilot or a 12bk DSC for sale by him
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:02 pm

Ugh, sorry that happened to you, I know all to well about Paypal reversals & whatnot. I'm shocked Paypal sided with the buyer, even though you provided tracking & the buyer chose the slower shipping service. Unreal. eBay is getting away from what made them the giants they are now. eBay would rather deal with big-box retailers as opposed to the little guys who actually made eBay what is or once was. I lost my discount this year because my seller rating wasn't high enough, I have 100% positive feedback & I'm not good enough :scratch: yet Toys "R" Us has 636 neutral & 572 negative in the same time frame. Ok sorry for the rant, complete BS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:02 am

I'm sorry that happened to you. It's good info for the future. Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear that mate. Paypal and Ebay is not always easy.

Paypal and Ebay need some competition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
ShakeyRed
New User
New User

Location : Here, except when I'm not here, then I'll be over there.

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:21 pm

Neonboy wrote:
I just got screwed by JAPAN user ASAHIBASE ebay user for $322 - paypal rewarded him a refund even though I provided tracking # for package-
but becasue the package had not arrives in 20 days they gave him my money back automatyically- 35 days had transpired, and I see on blogs mail is taking up to 6 weeks to arrive in JApan now.

I had even given him a PTY option but wanted cheaper mail so billed and he I used First class
Beginning to hate ebay/paypal- but I could now tell you how to screw sellers on ebay-
Im getting frustrated ebay wants us to use affordable shipping , yet paypal requires proof of receipt- I think its time to sell elsewhere folks,

Hi mate, this really sucks. I've just bought the blue Snaggletooth from you and read the message on there about being ripped off.

This has happened to me before, only for around £80, that was to a guy in Brazil. Similar thing he begged me to send via a normal service and, like a fool, I trusted him and sent it untracked. He had already bought items from me in the past and I thought I was safe.

Anyway after he inevitably won his case I had to refund the full amount plus the postage cost (which really sticks in your throat)

After a few phonecalls to eBay & Paypal and getting nothing but frustrated, I rang the FSA (Financial Services Authority) and just asked if Paypal was a member and therefore regulated by them. Bingo, they were and after explaining the situation the gentleman drom the FSA told me what to say when I phone Paypal.

It was basically to give them a few days to return the funds to my account as their actions went against UK financial regulations, the FSA were also sending a letter to paypal saying the exact same thing.

Within a week I had an email confirming that the funds would be returned and sometime later they were and I also got a letter from Paypal saying they would pay me back this time but as I agreed with there terms and conditions next time I would not get my money back. I told the FSA and they said that even if they had my signature in blood it still went against UK regulations.

The main reason I tell you this was I wondered if you have an authority over in the US that regulates the financial sector or if there was an ombudsman that you could turn to, see if what Paypal/eBay are doing contravenes any financial regulations over your side of the pond.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:27 pm

ShakeyRed wrote:
Neonboy wrote:

Hi mate, this really sucks. I've just bought the blue Snaggletooth from you and read the message on there about being ripped off.

This has happened to me before, only for around £80, that was to a guy in Brazil. Similar thing he begged me to send via a normal service and, like a fool, I trusted him and sent it untracked. He had already bought items from me in the past and I thought I was safe.

Anyway after he inevitably won his case I had to refund the full amount plus the postage cost (which really sticks in your throat)

After a few phonecalls to eBay & Paypal and getting nothing but frustrated, I rang the FSA (Financial Services Authority) and just asked if Paypal was a member and therefore regulated by them. Bingo, they were and after explaining the situation the gentleman drom the FSA told me what to say when I phone Paypal.

It was basically to give them a few days to return the funds to my account as their actions went against UK financial regulations, the FSA were also sending a letter to paypal saying the exact same thing.

Within a week I had an email confirming that the funds would be returned and sometime later they were and I also got a letter from Paypal saying they would pay me back this time but as I agreed with there terms and conditions next time I would not get my money back. I told the FSA and they said that even if they had my signature in blood it still went against UK regulations.

The main reason I tell you this was I wondered if you have an authority over in the US that regulates the financial sector or if there was an ombudsman that you could turn to, see if what Paypal/eBay are doing contravenes any financial regulations over your side of the pond.

Thanks, I just read this. Honestly I've been cold sweating some last year, I've shipped some to mexico and australia that took over paypals time, and this is something that is a great problem when shipping to other countries. If it take longer and they claim money back then they win but the package arrive a week later. It's the same kind of situation though when buying you don't know if you have been screwed over and the seller just keeps stalling until it's to late to claim the money back, then nothing arrives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase   screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

screwed out of $322 by ebay user asahibase

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1