The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please Empty
PostSubject: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi all

I have searched all over the site & on the baggie guide & can't find this baggie type anywhere, I took a gamble on it knowing this as it came with 2 SW-e type baggies, the seals look to be in order & of a type used on other baggies, both end seals are the same.

I have various Palitoy baggie styles & it does not correspond to any of the palitoy ones I yet know either, thats not to say it is not a palitoy baggie I am as yet unfamiliar with as there are quite a lot of them out there.

Please have a look closely at the photos & LMK what you think, any help greatly appreciated.

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7287

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7286

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7285

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7300

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7301

& a close up as best I can of the COO -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7305

Here is another style of palitoy baggie I have that as far as I know (so far) is the only known such example, so new things are still turning up form time to time, I know the below one is genuine as I got it straight from a Palitoy ex employee (purple verticle text DSD)

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP6355

This baggie also has the same seal styly as the hammerhead above see here -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP6357

Not sure if baggies were sealed at the production plants where they came from or at the manufacturing plants they were actually made, so the seal may not mean a thing???

Closest print types I can see compared to the Hammerhead are these

SW-e -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7291

Palitoy horizontal light blue print -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP6323

ESB-c & d baggies but they obviously sport the Kenner logo

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP6312

My inclination would be to it being a so far (to me anyway) unknown Palitoy version as IMO the print is bang on to the palitoy horizontal one above, but I am hoping that maybe one of you has one the same with some history on it, or knows more that I.

Exiting stuff though for me.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:24 am

frunkstar wrote:
Hi all

& a close up as best I can of the COO -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP7305

Hi Frank, I think you got a very cool item there and also think it has the same COO as my figure on the right. Note the position of the (c) To me the baggie also looks like the DSD you have.

COO's 2 and 3
Unknown baggie style?? - some help please Hammerhead3
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:22 am

Thanks for your input Scott, it does indeed look like its the same COO as the one on the right in your photo m8 - got any intersting info on the COO for me buddy?.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that its a genuine baggie as it would be sweet to have found another know baggie type weather it be palitoy or otherwise, but super cool if it is indeed a palitoy one.

The baggies are not the same on the DSD & the HH though m8, one is crisp & one is soft, & the DSD one only has this seal type at one end.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:38 am

frunkstar wrote:
Thanks for your input Scott, it does indeed look like its the same COO as the one on the right in your photo m8 - got any intersting info on the COO for me buddy?.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that its a genuine baggie as it would be sweet to have found another know baggie type weather it be palitoy or otherwise, but super cool if it is indeed a palitoy one.

The baggies are not the same on the DSD & the HH though m8, one is crisp & one is soft, & the DSD one only has this seal type at one end.

Hi Frank, I no nothing about the COO mate except there doesn't seem to be many about, or at least any info on that COO.

I didn't notice the different seals on the DSD either, thanks for pointing that out. I agree to mate, it would be great if you could get a positive I.D on your baggie, especially if its a Palitoy as that would be pretty cool IMO
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Frank, it looks similar to the ROTJ-a baggies. The only thing is its wrote length-ways instead of across. Is it heat sealed and crisp like those bags?

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please B_bmp10
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Chris, but you are out to confuse me further right? lol!

The ROTJ-a baggies are made in Taiwan, though I am now off in to the loft to compare the print fonts against the ROTJ-a's I have & will take some photos to report back, but yes the print is vertical rather than horizontal :scratch:

The bag is indeed crisp & is heat sealed both ends with the same heat seal each end, see above close ups of the heart seals m8.

Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Just had a look at it against a ROTJ-a & its not even close, the print font is quite a bit larger on the ROTJ-a's
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:18 pm

No, mate. All I said is it looked like them. Not the same. Not sure if all of the bags for those are Made in Taiwan. I think they used that as an sample to what the bags look like with the print. Theres several types of ROTJ bags with different lettering and designs on them. I know this article doesnt list every bag the figures came in, but its a good reference for types.

http://theswca.com/images-speci/baggiefeature/baggiefeature.html
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:02 pm

I know you said looked like Chris not is dude, we gotta stop having these misinterpretations between us or we'll have to get married lol!

Thank you for the link to Bill & Todd's baggie page, an excellent reference for sure but sadly only for Kenner US issued baggies Sad I do however use it as a constant reference point.

I am familiar with most of the baggie types/seals, its just tracking down which figures came in which baggies & the rest of the worlds baggie styles that is a right mine field & totally grey area as no one had done any work on this side of things, I would love to maybe some day change that fact as I collect not just baggies but variations in baggie styles & figure variations within them, like Todd states in that page as a for instance - FB Luke was available in 9 know (kenner) baggie of which I have 4 so far, but this one for example is not mentioned on his site as its not know to most US collectors & is in fact rarer than any of the US issued Kenner alternatives -

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please IMGP6379

Its the much harder to find brown haired version but better than that its in a Palitoy late issue baggie with dark blue/purple horizontal logo, similar to the DSD above which is also a super rare find.

I have over 130 so far and with there being over 300 known US Kenner baggies alone out there I have my work cut out for me, but it should keep my collection going & fresh for as good as the rest of my life as no one actually knows just how many baggie types there are out there.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:12 pm

frunkstar wrote:
I know you said looked like Chris not is dude, we gotta stop having these misinterpretations between us or we'll have to get married lol!

Ah...... No. lol! I knew you were joking about that, but I just wanted to make it clear for the next guy who comes around and sees this thread. Not that they see it and think its a ROTJ baggie. More of a clarifying thing than anything else.

That guide is good for the US stuff, but I think Dell has a more complete list of the baggies for everywhere with types and styles. Ill see if I can find it to post here. And I agree with you. It would be nice for a complete set of baggies (US and International) with pix and text to be archived like the one on SWCA. I got into baggies for awhile and know what your up against. I gave up hunting them down because its like bootlegs, a neverending story with them. If you ever get to where you would do a guide for all known baggie combos, I think it would be a great resource to use.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Ah, with you now m8!

You mean this one Chris? -

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t617-delboys-baggies-n-stuffpic-heavy

Regarding the matrix of all baggies, it would indeed be a great resource & you never know, in years to come if I can get enough of them together & link up with other baggie collectors it may well be a possibility, be nice to make it an open ended site that can be constantly updated with new things added as & when they come to light.

Sadly Del has sold all of his baggies off in my absence from the hobby, dam & blast other interests & commitments head bang , as I would of ripped his arm off for some of those.

Please keep me in mind if any swing your way Chris.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Thats the one. Dels collection was top knotch when he had it.

And will do. If any come my way, you'll get first dibs for them.
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:00 am

bounce bounce :clap: celebrate & various other silly smilies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unknown baggie style?? - some help please   Unknown baggie style?? - some help please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unknown baggie style?? - some help please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1