The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hammerhead Blue Body question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Hammerhead Blue Body question Empty
PostSubject: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to find a Hammerhead i can buy when i have some cash and i had a question about him:

I have seen a few shades of blue for his body and i was wondering if there could be a time frame associated with the shades i have seen.

I have seen blue sky and an almost navy blue color.

I am trying to go with the oldest release of course so if anyone in the know, "knows" about these variants coudl they please post the information?

thanks mates!

Smile
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Do you mean his shirt? Or his body color. I have a few that are a shade of green.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:40 pm

sorry, i should have said his shirt color, makes more sense, doesn't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 pm

I will have to check mine. I dont think I have any that drastic.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:20 pm

might be some cameras tricks i am seeing...the bluish greenish color seems to be the older ones while the bluer version seems to be from the more recent cards,( esb and rotj ) ... I have checked the "lando's locker" website and saw that hammerhead seems to be blueish green, but then again this might be from newer versions. ( unlikely though ) as i have seen a few MOC which suggests that the early hammerheads were blueish green....

am i confusing anyone enough yet ahahahahaha.. Razz

tried to find some good pics but have not seen anything to confirm this 100% for now....

Last edited by budspencer on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 pm

This is a very confusing hobby!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:45 pm

its funny because my goal was to collect all the loose figures then jump on the vehicles and play sets...but now the more you dig, the more you get to know that some figures have tons of variations , some of them you might even want Smile .... so it makes it even more difficult to collect if you are a completion freak. I am not at that level of completion. I just have a super decent version of each figures of all the figures from star wars to POTF and maybe the coins if i feel like it...

The big problem will be to get a decent blue snaggletooth, amanaman and yak face....i ll have to sell tons of comics books for those Razz

But if you are into all the variants and the companies that produced them regionally then that is another ball game altogether ahahhah Smile you would need to have a George Lucas type of income to do that! Razz
Back to top Go down
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:50 pm

Yeah, it can drive you nuts.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 3:44 am

Not really looked in to Hammerhead yet but I think your on about the dark blue one with the COO removed, I'm only guessing but I think it's PBP and if that's the case then its probably the latter release version not the earlier one.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 5:49 am

snaggletooth wrote:
Not really looked in to Hammerhead yet but I think your on about the dark blue one with the COO removed, I'm only guessing but I think it's PBP and if that's the case then its probably the latter release version not the earlier one.

from your thread and pics, hammerhead looks the same in all the figurine ( shirt color ) again i think it may be the lighting doing tricks to the eyes on this. maybe he appears to be darker if he is slightly in shadow when photographing him.

well if anyone can see or prove a difference in the color of his shirt, please let me know.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:19 am

Get the 2 different Hong Kong leg marking variants. The colour of the torso plastic or the limbs is not important- but I'd like an olive/green limbed version Wink the direction of the eyes is incidental too...
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm

budspencer wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

from your thread and pics, hammerhead looks the same in all the figurine ( shirt color ) again i think it may be the lighting doing tricks to the eyes on this. maybe he appears to be darker if he is slightly in shadow when photographing him.

well if anyone can see or prove a difference in the color of his shirt, please let me know.

cheers!

If you look closely at mine the 2 on the right are made of a darker blue pastic, if that's not what your on about then I haven't got a clue.

James, what are you on about?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 am

snaggletooth wrote:

If you look closely at mine the 2 on the right are made of a darker blue pastic, if that's not what your on about then I haven't got a clue.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/COO-GUIDE-h21.htm#Hammerhead

Get number 2.

Scott you mention 3 Hong Kong hammerheads in your limelight ???
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:37 am

snaggletooth wrote:
budspencer wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

cheers!

ah yes now i see the color difference you are talking about, so i was not imagining things Smile
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 2:56 pm

aussiejames wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Get number 2.

It's a very close one mate but they are in different positions.

COO 1
Hammerhead Blue Body question Hammerhead4

COO's 2 and 3
Hammerhead Blue Body question Hammerhead3
Back to top Go down
STR1968
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 3:56 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:

Get number 2.

It's a very close one mate but they are in different positions.

COO 1
Hammerhead Blue Body question Hammerhead4

COO's 2 and 3
Hammerhead Blue Body question Hammerhead3

Hi Snaggletooth, is the COO 1 exclusive to europe.

Thanks Stephan
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi STR1968, I don't know the answer to that. What's your experience, have you never come across COO 1?
Back to top Go down
STR1968
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 pm

No i haven't.I think most of the coo that i am missing are more common in Europe than here.

There is few sellers on ebay who put a picture of the stamps.It's hard to track them.

That is the spirit of collecting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:26 am

STR1968 wrote:
No i haven't.I think most of the coo that i am missing are more common in Europe than here.

There is few sellers on ebay who put a picture of the stamps.It's hard to track them.

That is the spirit of collecting Very Happy

I know what you mean about the sellers on ebay mate, i'll keep you in mind next time I come across him.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:59 pm

Scott what in particular do you see as the difference between your 2&3 COO? The no COO version of 1 I'm stilll misssing Sad
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:32 am

aussiejames wrote:
Scott what in particular do you see as the difference between your 2&3 COO? The no COO version of 1 I'm stilll misssing Sad

The Hong is straighter in 2 and the copyright c is in a different place compared to his vain, slightly higher up maybe
Back to top Go down
gavanb
New User
New User
gavanb

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:19 am

I just bought an original 1978 vintage Hammerhead, and his body colour is a distinctly greenish brown, while his vest/shirt is also a greenish, almost turquoise blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammerhead Blue Body question   Hammerhead Blue Body question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammerhead Blue Body question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1