The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing Empty
PostSubject: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:14 am

Hi all,

I just need help with a stormtrooper I can't identify it's probably nothing. I purchased him back when I had absolutely no idea about collecting and going back over them I found one that looks different. I've looked around the forums with no luck.

I have taken the photo with two other different stormtroopers for comparison. The one in question the chin black grill is the same size as the Ledy; the black markings on the face and eye are more widely painted and eye sockets larger; the elbow black strips are wider compared to standard.

Left - LL stormtrooper Middle - the one in question Right standard run of the mill stormie

Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing StormtrooperFront

Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing StormtrooperBack

I took the photos from my phone so quality is an issue with the images.

The back upper LHS Thigh reads.
Line 1: © G.M.F.G.I 1977
Line 2: Hong Kong

Nothing on the right no scar

Could he be some sort of Tri Logo or something?

Many Thanks!!

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I dunno if it's my monitor but I got a hard time seeing the coo, but the body structure of the right one matches pbp/trilogo stormie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Hey mate - hard to tell from the pics as the finer detail is a little fuzzy, but think its just a standard release stormie with a bad paint job (maybe he was crying after finding out he was posted to endor or something Laughing ) From what I can see of the coo and the figure itself I can't see anything to suggest its a non-standard release...

Back to top Go down
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Thanks all

I'll redo the images when I get home from work, had no charge in my camera last night. The major physical difference is the eye sockets are larger and the chin grill bit is the same as the ledys. The paint job dosent look to great neither like you said.
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:43 am

could be either of these:
Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing Front2
the middle & right one are HK coo (2 lines) and have similar 'fat' mouths to Ledy
Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing Front5
These are all HK coo (3 lines) middle one has similar 'blurry' eye paint to yours

I've always thought of these as minor coo/paint variants, but still part of the wider 'normal' releases (and you can see from the pics I have a few of the suckers Wink more picks in my limelight)
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:00 am

Wow, that's a bunch of stormies for sure, I'm happy I got 9 Razz but that is just insane.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:10 am

That looks like him alright ty. What an awesome stromtrooper display, could you imagine the carnage if you knocked one down =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing   Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Identifying a Stormtrooper, probably nothing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1