The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stuff lost in the mail :-(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

Stuff lost in the mail :-( Empty
PostSubject: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi gus

I have sold and brought a lot of stuff the last year and an half . But now for the first time a box got lost in the mail.

I had made a deal with a guy in agentin , as a show of good fate . I shipped out first . I did NOT use tracking as it was dobbel the price . Well the box never turned up in Agentin .

We ( the other guy and me ) have been waiting for over a month for the box to turn up . I told him not to ship , before he got my box.

I have been i touch with the Danish postal service . They then told me that if i had brougt tracking it would not have mattered as Agentin don't suport trackin service . Wankers try to sell stuff that don't even work :-(

An that i can do a search form on their website , but it can take up to a month before they get back to me .

So guys i just wandet to hear if you have lost stuff in the mail and if it turned up at some point ?

And what you think i should do about this hole thing . I have a reseat that says that i have shippped a box to Agentin.

Thanks Guys

Soren
Back to top Go down
Kaze
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Kaze

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:00 pm

If they cant find the person in Argentina, its most likely that it will be returned to sender, and show up at your doorsteps soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pencilart.dk
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:47 pm

I haven't lost any items I have sent, but hell I have lost a lot being sent to me if it was sent at all, the last year I have lost maybe 8 letters/packages. Scams or post thiefs? I think both.
I am really afraid about a box I sent to mexico about 3 weeks ago that have not turned up yet, the tracking ended i Denmark which is odd Sad It's an expensive box. It might be the first I loose, but also the most expensive I have sent at same time... It shouldn't be shipped by boat either, I took air mail. But it's to mexico so might take a while.

Had 2 packages to Australia some weeks back and I thought they where lost, where just about to fill in the form that they where lost when they arrived.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I had 3 parcels lost last year after sending them out, luckily all low values but no they never turned up with me or the buyers. It's shitty but it takes losing a parcel to switch to using tracking, it's expensive but it beats losing your items.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Rawlin wrote:
I haven't lost any items I have sent, but hell I have lost a lot being sent to me if it was sent at all, the last year I have lost maybe 8 letters/packages. Scams or post thiefs? I think both.
I am really afraid about a box I sent to mexico about 3 weeks ago that have not turned up yet, the tracking ended i Denmark which is odd Sad It's an expensive box. It might be the first I loose, but also the most expensive I have sent at same time... It shouldn't be shipped by boat either, I took air mail. But it's to mexico so might take a while.

Had 2 packages to Australia some weeks back and I thought they where lost, where just about to fill in the form that they where lost when they arrived.

i woulden't worry about mexico yet mate i sent a package to mexico and it took 12 weeks i coulden't belive it i think once it reachers mexico it goes by donkey lol!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
Rawlin wrote:

i woulden't worry about mexico yet mate i sent a package to mexico and it took 12 weeks i coulden't belive it i think once it reachers mexico it goes by donkey lol!

I hope you are right Smile it did take a long while until ozios stuff got here.

I always send stuff with value recommended which include tracking, sadly just within EU and there are no way to get world wide tracking from Sweden.

I wont send without because it's just an insurance that it was sent at first place and if within EU you can also see if it get delivered. I also pay those extra 15sek for receiver signs package, but that crap for sure isn't working. I think the mailmen in other countries just throw it in the garbage can. I have gotten 2 back out of 6 packages, and one of those where not even signed, it just got back to me blank... luckily the buyer told me it arrived lol.
It also seem harder for a random post office worker to grab it on the way home when off work. I also prefer to buy with tracking.
Back to top Go down
jason11272stacey
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
jason11272stacey

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 pm

I hope you are right it did take a long while until ozios stuff got here.

there are 3 ways to send out of mexico

the slowest can take upto 5 weeks and it did once

the quickest way took less than a week but it cost more money

the parcel i sent to mexico was sent royal mail 1st class International sign for they said at the postoffice it would be there in 3 days lol! like i said it did get there in the end Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm

jason11272stacey wrote:
I hope you are right it did take a long while until ozios stuff got here.

there are 3 ways to send out of mexico

the slowest can take upto 5 weeks and it did once

the quickest way took less than a week but it cost more money

the parcel i sent to Mexico was sent royal mail 1st class International sign for they said at the post office it would be there in 3 days lol like i said it did get there in the end Very Happy

It probably took a trip around the world, I once had a package with a sealed crumb and pipe that took out on an adventure on it's own. I was so sure I was scammed that I kinda yelled in words at the seller, back in those days loosing a package just never happened. He sent another one that did arrive and all was good again. 8 months later the first one arrived stamped 2nd november the year before Razz I apologized and offered to send it back he said I could keep em lol, but appreciated my apology.

I took the slow one, but still it had better tracking the Swedish Posten. The Mexico post didn't show tracking for about a week but then at least it did show all the way. Swedish show tracking right away and then it can just stop somewhere, as in this case it checked in to Denmark but not out. it was 4th august.
Back to top Go down
tk421
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
tk421

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:06 pm

Quote :

Shipping to Australia can vary from 2 - 4 weeks sometimes more, so the ebay claim can be over by the time it arrives. Ive had things I've given up on which turn up eventually. Protect your figures to Oz well as our postal service dosn't have a good rep for being gentle with their mail! I personally haven't had any issues with this however (Touch wood).
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 7:16 pm

same here, I once got a package with 3 catalogs in, or at least that was what was supposed to be in it. Instead it had wheel marks on it, it was taped all over, the package was in "horrible" shape, and then there was a sticker saying "your package was damaged during shipping, please contact customer support" so I did and they pretty much told me to f**k off. Inside the tape roll was one heavily damaged catalog, it was unreadable, the others where not in there. This was sent within Sweden so I always pack as well as I can. If it can't sustain a multi-terrain vehicle rolling over it, it isn't packed well enough.
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 12:08 am

I once shipped a parcel to Australia from Canada and it went missing. But 3 months later it arrived back at home after being returned to sender by boat. So you never know when it still may show up!
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
asbojawa
New User
New User
asbojawa

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:20 am

one time i sent a box of stuff to a friend in Georgia in Eastern Europe and it turned up a year later.

i'm currently waiting on an overdue Y-Wing, Cloud Car, Yoda, Snowtroopers, and a couple of Tusken Raiders that have been awol for well over a month, all sent from regional england.
i never have any trouble with unregistered post from anywhere else, american and european stuff arrives in no time at all.
Back to top Go down
bootyhunter
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
bootyhunter

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 am

I've had an item sent from the US to the UK and it took 4 months! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 am

I didn't have any trouble with non recommended either but lately I have had pretty much trouble and even with recommended it turns out bad. I've sold some to UK here on the forum and it took around 3 days to arrive, I bought from the UK on eBay 2 weeks ago now and it just makes me wonder, but I am sure it will arrive some time. This thing from the Us was bought after and have now arrived earlier. It's for my sisters birthday I swear!

Stuff lost in the mail :-( Img2557o
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 am

Sure, its for your sisters birthday, Claes. Wink lol!

I had a couple items come up missing on Ebay. One was stateside that said it was delivered in Birmingham, sad thing is I live 50 miles from there. So to say I lost out on the item and cash because the seller had that damn tracking showing it was delivered. $20 down the drain. The other was comics from Germany, got the cash back on that one.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks Guys

It is nice to see that i'm not the only one wich had stuff go missing . ( If you know what i mean ) I hope my stuff turns up at the right place .

I let you know what happens with the box Very Happy

Soren
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 8:48 am

Honestly I really dislike my little pony, I know it's a big thing in Sweden ... among girls, so I have been thinking of buying some for the shop but every time I try to look at some lots I die a little inside. I just can't look these things in the eyes and think what a nice toy. Buying this was both expensive and horrible, but the seller was a nice person and I can't wait to get this thing out of my place Razz

Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:23 pm

It happened to me once as seller trough ebay.
Shipped from Belgium to Italy and got lost somehow.
Got an paypal claim that I filled first out of susspission that is was fraudulent.
Endend up with a vintage f1 model lost to make the studio scale millennium falcon.
And loosing the money too.
With out signature request it's pretty easy to scam people into saying you didn't receive it.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Yes unfortunately not all people are honest and a few I have talked to have just taken any opportunity of gain some more, without any care for the other person.
I wonder what one can do in a case where the receiver just lies, he just have to tell it never arrived, even if I can prove that I sent it, I might still got to pay for it.

Having receiver signatures is a great idea, but I don't think it works. So far and it's gone weeks since packages arrived. only 2 have returned and 1 wasn't signed.
Paying extra for that service just sucks. One at the mail office told me that it wasn't 100% sure that it would be signed and sent back, it could also get lost in shipping. So I was wondering what service it was I was paying those extra 2.5$ for.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 am

Hi søren, sorry to hear about the packet you have lost, hope you find it.

I have also lost a packet last week, but the seller gave me a refund.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuff lost in the mail :-(   Stuff lost in the mail :-( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuff lost in the mail :-(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1