The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? Empty
PostSubject: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:44 am

hi guys,

im going to turkey on vacation for 2 weeks to my inlaws appartment there and was wondering if i could find UZAY star wars there localy cheap?
a bit like going to a garage sale or market,even asking locals if the have any.
would there be a chance finding any at all?

any thoughts or insights on this would be very welcome thanks
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:04 am

You will not find any if you don't ask or look but I've heard of some 'big' collectors going to Turkey & not finding anything.
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:20 am

thanks its worth the try i think.
i also have some co-workers that are turkish and could ask them if they had any?
you never know.....
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:36 am

Can you find a needle in a haystack? - you can but you either have to be extremely lucky or put in so much effort and time you will eventually hit gold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:37 am

In my 2 trips to Turkey in the past year I had 2 full day Uzay hunting excursions at local flea markets and antique collectibles. All I turned up with a slightly beater tie fighter and a stormtrooper blaster.

Its better than nothing, but keep in mind I went to 20+ vendors, so the yield is pretty low.

Everyone I spoke were fully aware of the value of Uzay and if they once had any, they were sold years ago. Your best bet is to ask friends if they had childhood collections. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Jason Snaggletooth
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Jason Snaggletooth

PostSubject: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:50 am

One of these days I may go to Turkey for a vacation, and go Uzay hunting. Would be fun!!!
Back to top Go down
Jedi Blueberry
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Jedi Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:08 am

One of my best fellow goes every year to Turkey (is wife is Turkish). He had several try for me but it did not bring anything.
The best thing is contcating familly relatives and friends locally and see if one has something left from his youth...but I have not much hope. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???   Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can UZAY'S be found in Turkey localy???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1