The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? Empty
PostSubject: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:59 am

Hi guys - long time no post!! Between work and looking after my 8 month old, star wars has taken a back seat of late. Still buying bits and pieces, slowly filling the gaps...

Which brings me to my question - are there any known repro variants to the CCP/TIE blaster? Other than the easy to spot ones on the IG site? I recently won a Ledy CCP with gun (no comm though Sad), and have a few concerns about the 'crispness' of the gun, although its come from a guy I've done a bit of business with before, so I would have thought was trustworthy. Its fairly shiny and new looking...sounds a little off in the drop test, but similar to other ledy/kenner CCP guns...it floats the same as my other ledy/kenner CCP guns......so the summary is I'm just unsure.

No time to take good photos - hopefully on the weekend - any other confirmed repros out there to be aware of?

THanks!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:18 am

b4nth4 wrote:
Hi guys - long time no post!! Between work and looking after my 8 month old, star wars has taken a back seat of late. Still buying bits and pieces, slowly filling the gaps...

Which brings me to my question - are there any known repro variants to the CCP/TIE blaster? Other than the easy to spot ones on the IG site? I recently won a Ledy CCP with gun (no comm though Sad), and have a few concerns about the 'crispness' of the gun, although its come from a guy I've done a bit of business with before, so I would have thought was trustworthy. Its fairly shiny and new looking...sounds a little off in the drop test, but similar to other ledy/kenner CCP guns...it floats the same as my other ledy/kenner CCP guns......so the summary is I'm just unsure.

No time to take good photos - hopefully on the weekend - any other confirmed repros out there to be aware of?

THanks!

I haven't come across an other pilot blaster REPRO's other than the cheap mass produced one Jeff.

Then again you never know with REPRO's as new ones seem to pop up quite often.

It will be interesting to see some pictures at the weekend.

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:02 am

ok - just when I've convinced myself its real, I look at the ledy weapon pic on the main IG site, and think nah it can't be...Sad

Any input here would be great:
top left: kenner black long scope
top middle: kenner black short scope
bottom left: kenner light grey
bottom middle: kenner brown/grey
right: ledy or repro?
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? PilotL
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? PilotR

And two close ups of the gun in question:
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? PilotLcu
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? PilotRcu

Again, all these sound pretty similar on drop test (all sound like repros!) and all float. My Ledy Jawa gun (which I stupidly left out of comparison shots), sounds different when dropped (sounds like a typical original) and also floats.

HELP! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 7:53 am

anyone out there got any advice on this pilot gun? Or pictures of a reliable Ledy pilot gun they can share (with slightly better macro shots than I can deliver!)...?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:05 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
A few pics kindly provided by Ozio.

Lili Ledy (left)
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? DSC06885

All Lili Ledy
Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? DSC06882
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:08 pm

looks very similar to the Ledy one to me but not the same, could be a variant or a copy, the barrel looks longer and more square. Could it even have been a PBP mold before they wore it out a bit and past it on to Ledy? or was that just figure mold they did that with?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:01 am

Jeff im not sure what to make of it based on the pictures so i hope some other people chime in as well.

To avoid any confusion over the PBP Pilot Blaster i have added the below pictures to this thread courtesy of Javi -

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? Pbppilotblasterpic1

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? Pbppilotblasterpic2

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? Pilotblastercolourcomparision
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 7:50 am

Thanks guys. Mine looks pretty close to the one in Ozios pics. In particular the "join line" at the bottom of the trigger loop matches (can't see if this is also present in Javis or not). I'm pretty confident its legit now, so breathing a bit easier Smile

Still welcome more input to be sure though...

And now just need to find a Ledy Comm unit - pretty easy to find Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 6:23 am

I have ths same problem. I need the Comms and its virtually impossible to find Sad
Best chance is to try and source a CCP with just Comms. But most are just without any or just the blaster if your lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?   Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repro Cloud Car Pilot gun?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1