The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

buying loose figs already taken from cards???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

buying loose figs already taken from cards??? Empty
PostSubject: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 am

Finally getting back into completing my loose figure collection. I've been trying to be very picky and only get the mintiest examples I can find. But I've run into a bit of a moral dilemma.

After joining this forum I realize the damage that's done to this hobby by removing figures from their cards just for the sake of getting a pristine loose figure. But while searching ebay I've come across a couple of sales where the figure was already taken off a damaged card and is being sold loose.

Is it wrong to buy these figures? Do you think I'm encourging sellers to take part in this practice by buying them this way or is it ok since the damage is already done and someone is going to buy them, so why not me?

What do you guys think? Am I being overly sensitive or do you think it's ok?

Brad
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:47 am

Agreed , if you don't buy them someone else will. But if people stopped thinking that because a figure just came off a card it will be pristine a few more MOCs might survive.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:58 pm

I think if a seller is selling them as removed from the card he's probably lying to you, unless he did it for his personal collection. You'd get more money for damaged MOC's or cut cards than you would for any mint figure so why bother. There's a lot of mint figures out there for a reasonable price, keep your eyes peeled in all the for sale threads, most have good quality pics.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Brad

Nice to see you back man!

I think most people saying they are "removed from card" need to add "back in 1983" since i see a lot of beat up ones claiming to be that way.

I'd say to bid on them but if you want to keep it on the boards, guys like Brett (Vintage City) are very accurate in description. ToddG on RS as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:29 am

Just wanted to say thanks guys for the replies--was starting to think it was going to be another 0 or 1 reply topic for me again Laughing (Yes, I am the world's greatest conversation starter. Rolling Eyes )

I've been looking in for sale threads here and on rs but when a good one comes up that I want it's usually already sold by the time I see the posting or have the money.

I think I've had enough rants in this forum about not being able to find minty enough figures, so I'll just keep on looking and suffering in silence, but man it sure gets boring looking at the same figures over and over again!

Brad
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 9:36 am

Not to get to far off topic, but there is no harm asking for people to hold items. I've had people do payment plans with me, or wait for payday, etc... I know how frustrating it is to PM someone and find an item sold because I waited to have the cash ready. I think if you are honest people will give you latitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: buying loose figs already taken from cards???   buying loose figs already taken from cards??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

buying loose figs already taken from cards???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1