The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question on Yoda cane original or repro

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

Question on Yoda cane original or repro Empty
PostSubject: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Question on Yoda cane original or repro Yodacane3Question on Yoda cane original or repro Yodacane1Question on Yoda cane original or repro Yodacane2

Hello,

I just purchased a yoda cane (one on the right) I'm trying to get some opinions on if it is repro or not.

It is a molded plastic slightly lighter than my original and a little slimmer down the bottom the main thing that differs is it seems to have more felxibility than the others I own ie: brown and light brown rigid feeling canes which are original.

Any thoughts ? The seller on ebay was Mr Robotos

I haven't had much exposure to the Yoda cane to really know and I couldn't really answer the question in the armory.

Any help most appreciated.

Regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:25 am

Hi Paul, your Yoda cane looks like the one I have which is light brown and flexible and has a slight taper to the end.
Does yours float or sink in water?
Back to top Go down
Paulie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:56 am

Thanks for the reply it sinks the same as my original
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:12 am

Hi Paul,

Does your cane feels rubbery and is it more reddish?

I obtained a Yoda figure which came with a rubbery cane last December and asked then for some more information here on TIG.

Maybe it helps.

Dr Dengar wrote:
Hi guys,

I recently bought this loose Yoda figure. He has COO no. 5 according to Wolff's COO guide.

The cane feels quite differerent compared to all the other canes I have, it is quite flexible, feels a bit like rubber. I don't think it is repro, cause it has a molding circle, which you also see with other canes, for instance PBP/Lili Ledy canes.

Anyone has an idea what the origin might be of this little green guy? (I mean apart from Dagobah Very Happy)

Question on Yoda cane original or repro IMG_3735

Question on Yoda cane original or repro IMG_3737

Idefix13 wrote:
The Yoda you have is the Meccano Yoda. The stick should be a bit more reddish than the one of the brown snake.

Some say that the Yoda sold on POTF card is identical to the Meccano Yoda but I never put one off POTF card so I can't confirm this Smile

Uli

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com Online
Paulie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:19 pm

I wouldn't say it's rubbery really. The bend I am doing is as far as it will before stressing. Doesn't really have that red tinge like in your photo.

Tough to work out if it's the real deal.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Paul Naylor wrote:
Thanks for the reply it sinks the same as my original

Mine sinks too, I'll try and post some pictures later so you can compare.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Both canes are original
Back to top Go down
Paulie
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Both canes are original

Thanks are you talking about both that are in my picture and what is the tell tale sign for the one on the right side of the picture or background if you know ?

Thanks

Paul
Back to top Go down
Squad Leader
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Squad Leader

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 pm

I would most certainly say original, as far as i'm aware the only repros of these are of the hard plastic type unless i stand corrected?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on Yoda cane original or repro   Question on Yoda cane original or repro I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question on Yoda cane original or repro

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1