The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shipping Rates to UK??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Shipping Rates to UK?? Empty
PostSubject: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 1:28 pm

Any US TIG'ers ever send MOC's in star cases to the UK? I've got a scummer who wants to buy 2 of my moc's. From what I've gathered so far it looks like it could cost almost $30 to ship these USPS first class with tracking info. Has anyone used a cheaper method?

Thanks for any info.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

They might want to check that again. It shouldn't be no more than $20 to ship to the UK. First class is the cheapest you can go. I just sent a ton of loose figures, 1 lb. 2.30 oz. to the UK and it was $12.48. I've sent 2-3 MOC's wrapped in bubble wrap for around the same price, also.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks Chris. I was using the online rate quoter thing and it obviously has it flaws. I'll take it by the post office and have it metered. Was just trying to get a rough idea if it was even going to be worth this guy's time to buy them from me if shipping was insane. That's a little more promising.

Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:15 pm

The online quote is way off. I only use it for guesstimates. Do you have any idea what the packages weighs all together with box and packing material? If you do, I can check my records and see what a similar one ran me. The only tracking I had on mine was the custom form number. And all would be insured up to a certain amount, so no extra insurance would be needed. And shipping regular first class will be like 2-3 weeks delivery time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 pm

I just guessed two moc's in star cases with peanuts and bubble wrap to be 1 pound. And I figured that was way over doing it to be on the safe side.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:28 pm

Then it shouldn't be over $15 then. A package with 20 cardbacks at 1 lb 5.60 oz. was even $14.20 to Denmark and those are even heavier than 2 MOC's.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice. works for me. I'll give him that estimate and run with it. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping Rates to UK??   Shipping Rates to UK?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping Rates to UK??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1