The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* Empty
PostSubject: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:46 am

A bit of a heads up and to get your views as well on something that happened recently..

I got a price for some figures from a seller, agreed and asked for his paypal - he sent me it and I proceeded to pay the amount we agreed on.

Within 1-2 hours after it had gone unclaimed and he said he hadn't received it we realised that he in fact had typed out his paypal address incorrectly (so..always check!)

I then cancelled the payment which was never going to be claimed by anyone and wanted to send it again to him to the correct address, except -paypal now HOLD these funds for ONE WEEK!

I cancelled that payment on Monday and still haven't been able to get them to remove the hold on it.

The reason is : when you make a paypal payment and your bank card is linked to the account, paypal actually pay on your behalf then over a 3-5 day period they collect the funds from your bank. So when you cancel a payment like that paypal basically need to retrieve their funds before they pay you back..

I honestly think there should be a reasonable window of time for a cancelled payment to be paid instantly back in.. like I said above the seller notified me of the error within 2 hours of sending the payment and I doubt many people would not realise after a few hours.

Would a 24 hour period be out of the question for paypal to wait before proceeding with a bank transfer for you? or even 12 or 5 hours ? From my limited experience I know that most bank activity on weekends for example is minimal, instead waiting till Monday as a working day to get back on track with these things, so say I had sent the payment on Sunday evening at 8pm and paypal wouldn't start taking the funds for another few hours (monday) I might have been able to get the money back, pay the seller *again* and not had to check back in my paypal + hotmail every single day..

Anyways, I doubt paypal will change their policy but as a heads up - check the paypal address with your seller before sending funds not in your paypal balance as the week long wait is NOT worth the hassle!

Last edited by Joe_O on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 am

Oh I forgot - it's highly likely my money is sitting in paypals bank account (as it HAS gone from my account already) making them interest....but of course the policy states I must wait a complete week.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

This is very similar to something that happened to me this week. I sold something and the buyer paid but for some reason when I listed the item, the Paypal email address that was used by default for the listing was a Paypal address that I have used in about about 8 years. I had to call paypal and they said this has been happening lately. I have listed countless auctions the past 8 years without this happening before so double check the Paypal address you want the payment sent to when you are listing something. - Bill
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Whats up with having to pay fees even when sending $$ as a gift? I've never been charged a fee before but had to pay one recently when sending $ to someone in Poland. Is this because it was international? Paypal offered no explanation to what the fees were for. Kinda pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 pm

On all international payments you pay the fees when it goes gift. Thats the only downfall as sending it that way. Now sending it normally, the seller pays it. Unless you decide to pay it for them, but I havent send a normal payment in 2 years, so not sure anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*   OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT: Ebay cancelled payment *A warning to members*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1