The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

US Tracking help required!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

US Tracking help required! Empty
PostSubject: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Hey US citizens!

I have some items coming from a US seller being shipped to a US member of this forum on my behalf yet the tracking number when used on usps is showing the following :

Quote :
Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

So..with regard to the first line - I tried the number on Fedex, DHL, UPS, even sites like DB schenker and nothing shows - the number is invalid.

I am guessing the number is meant for USPS or I wouldn't have had the above message because when you put any other random code into USPS you get the following message :

Quote :
There is no record of this item.

It's not a huge deal because the parcel isn't due to arrive- it's not late yet, just that it's a strange message and it's got me a bit worried so would appreciate some help if anyone else had run across that odd tracking info before?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:03 pm

I got the slip today for the parcel in question. Smile It was an odd tracking number that fit more with an international package, so I'm curious to see what method was used to ship it when I pick it up from the post office.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:39 am

Hi Joe

I just sendt a box to the Uk . When i wanted to check the tracking code before i send it to the buyer . It said something like that in the Danish Postal site. I aswell got a bit worid about it. And the fact that paying for the tracking is almost dubbel the the price.

But when i retryed the code some hours later it worked. And said that it was checked in at the post office. And the box showed up where it was supost to.

So maybe you just checked the code before they checed it in og some one forgot to check it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 7:20 am

shawn_k wrote:
I got the slip today for the parcel in question. Smile It was an odd tracking number that fit more with an international package, so I'm curious to see what method was used to ship it when I pick it up from the post office.

I am so happy to hear this I even pressed the "Thanks" button Laughing

Thanks also for posting Soren Smile I think everything is going to be ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:12 pm

Its most likely a delivery confirmation number. They arent trackable. It just serves as a marker to know that the package made it to the destination but you cant see its routing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:30 pm

Cheers John.

Figures arrived with Shawn but not good news Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US Tracking help required!   US Tracking help required! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US Tracking help required!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1