The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ackbar staff question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Ackbar staff question Empty
PostSubject: Ackbar staff question   Ackbar staff question I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:55 pm

I got an ackbar the other day of ebay, first thing I did was check it out against the gunnary and it looked good, had the same mold circles as Original Variant 1. Just been taking some pics to stick on my limelite and when I compered this staff to my other 2 which are also Original Variant 1, it's a fraction darker, longer and thicker. Any one know if this is original or have they managed to copy that now? Thanks in advance Scott
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/thestaffsaxessection.htm

Last edited by snaggletooth on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

Ackbar staff question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ackbar staff question   Ackbar staff question I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Theres nothing worse than having a weapon that your not sure about! You don't want to put it into your collection incase its an evil repro and you don't want to bin it incase its original.....Does it float? Most repros sink as you probably know. Whats it sound like on the drop test?

Becareful with float tests bro as many repros float whilst the originals sink!

The drop test is a good method to use.

If you can get some pictures up that would be ace snaggletooth but going by your description i think its ok.

Original Ackbar staffs come in a range of thicknesses from pretty to thin to quite thick.

The only known Ackbar Staff REPRO to date is the easy to spot painted one.

Jay

Thanks fellas, I'll go with that Jay. I't looks good to me going of the gunnary, I didn't realize that about the size differences. Scott
Back to top Go down

Ackbar staff question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1