The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Come-Back Attempt Number 2!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

Come-Back Attempt Number 2! Empty
PostSubject: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm

Hey Guys,

After a long abscence I just thought I would let everyone know I'm back in the mix here again--like it or not!

I had a major family crisis that diverted my attention from collecting for the past few months. After many, many tests my wifes doctors discovered she had cancer. Needless to say priorities changed real quick. So after a major surgery and treatment she just got a clean bill-of-health from her oncologitst today, so I feel like I can relax a little and get back into collecting mode again. We're not completely out-of-the woods yet but I can breathe a little easier now. At least enough to get back into the game.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute to the site, since I have'nt really gotten any wiser since I've been gone, but I'm always willing to share my witty commentary with everyone! I know not everyone on here appreciates my smart-ass comments but they're coming anyway..... You've been warned Joe! Twisted Evil

Brad

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:
Hey Guys,

After a long abscence I just thought I would let everyone know I'm back in the mix here again--like it or not!

I had a major family crisis that diverted my attention from collecting for the past few months. After many, many tests my wifes doctors discovered she had cancer. Needless to say priorities changed real quick. So after a major surgery and treatment she just got a clean bill-of-health from her oncologitst today, so I feel like I can relax a little and get back into collecting mode again. We're not completely out-of-the woods yet but I can breathe a little easier now. At least enough to get back into the game.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute to the site, since I have'nt really gotten any wiser since I've been gone, but I'm always willing to share my witty commentary with everyone! I know not everyone on here appreciates my smart-ass comments but they're coming anyway..... You've been warned Joe! Twisted Evil

Brad

Brad im really happy to hear that your wifes gonna be ok buddy great news!!

Good to see you back as well!

Now i hope you get chance to catch up with the Dr Who Thread lol!

Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Wow Brad- I didn't expect to read that!

Seriously- that's some heavy reading, I can only say your wife is a brave woman and you are a brave man for supporting her through it- Will be seriously thinking of you both and praying for a complete all clear in the near future!

Panchi welcomes you back with open arms and has a few snugglywoo's waiting for you when the time is right (No I am not panchi and panchi isn't me!)

We missed you ! (Not panchi and I- the forum!)
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:35 pm

First of all Brad, I am happy to read that your wife is doing and feeling better. Smile

That was an incredible read, and I'm glad to hear that things are working out and improving for the both of you. We will definitely keep you and your wife in our thoughts going forward.

Secondly, it's nice to see you back posting. It's great to have you back! You've been missed.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome back guys. I really missed being on here.

I debated about posting all that info, and it sounded even heavier after I read it again after posting. I hope it didn't sound too "doom and gloom" because things really do look pretty optimistic after todays doctor visit. I hope I didn't bring everyone down too much.

I really do appreciate everyone's support and caring comments. It means a lot. It's a great bunch of guys on here. That's why I keep coming back....or at least try to keep coming back! Laughing

Brad
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Brad

Really glad to hear your wife is okay!! Thats great news!!

Welcome back, it'll be great to have you around.

BTW

Joe "Panchi" O wrote:
Panchi welcomes you back with open arms and has a few snugglywoo's waiting for you when the time is right (No I am not panchi and panchi isn't me!)

Panchi is 100% Joe and he wants to snuggle..Be afriad Wink

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:32 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm

Welcome back Brad & i'm glad to hear your wife is on the road to recovery! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

:clap: Yeah Brad's back Smile I'm so glad your wife is on the mend. Hope you had a great festive season.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 pm

Glad to hear your wifes clear, bud. My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you. And don't worry about sounding doom and gloom, we are here for you and the family. Isn't that what friends are for? And you couldn't ask for better friends than this willy bunch. We're always here for you bro.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:28 pm

Me too, Brad, glad things are on the up for you all Smile Awesome to have you back bro, now let's get praying to Panchi because I heard there may be another raffle coming up soon

:SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: cheers

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
DLT9
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
DLT9

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 2:44 pm

I hate cancer, my mother passed away because of it Evil or Very Mad
Really hope it turn out ok for you're wife and family.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:47 am

Brad, I was moved by reading your post. I am really happy to hear things are going better these days.

A big welcome back!!

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:54 am

Thanks again guys for all the support. My family and I really appreciate all the well-wishes and kind words.

Now on a less serious note. That's really great news that there might be another raffle in the works for Chris J to clean up on. I'm sure he's very excited Rolling Eyes For the rest of us losers I'm getting my Panchi worshipping done early so here it goes.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil bow bow bow bow bow bow Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
(That's for you Joe--errr....I mean Panchi.....I mean Joe unsure --I'll be getting back to one of you on that whole hugging thing!)

Brad
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am

Raffle? What raffle? :Drool:
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 am

Brad,

A moving post mate on a serious illness that affects nearly everyone of us - either directly or indirectly though loved ones.

I am really pleased on hearing the good news though and wish you and you lovely wife all the best. Smile

(Great to hear that you have time for TIG too!)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come-Back Attempt Number 2!   Come-Back Attempt Number 2! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Come-Back Attempt Number 2!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1