The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shawn's POTF Coin Collection

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Shawn's POTF Coin Collection Empty
PostSubject: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:17 pm

After taking loads of pictures, I think I've finally got one I'm pretty happy with. Smile

I now present my complete POTF 62 coin set. A big thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way and followed my journey. It's taken roughly 5 years from when I first started picking up coins. I still can't believe it is finished. The frame is finally full. cheers

Shawn's POTF Coin Collection Coinse10
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 pm

It's fantastic to see it complete in all it's glory Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:38 pm

Awesome set, awesome frame and an awesome collector Very Happy Well done Shawn!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:43 pm

A thing of beauty Shawn. Congrats on finishing the set. Whats up with the red on the one coin, second one in the second row? Camera flash?
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 am

Mighty fine Shawn.
Great to see it finally there m8.
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:15 am

Amazing man!!!!

Is there a particular order the coins are arranged in???
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:32 am

My big congratulations on finishing the set Shawn!

Please excuse the probably dump question but what is the 63rd coin?

Nice frame btw. - are you going for a second set now to show the backside of the coins?

Uli
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:32 am

Incredible Shawn!!!!

As I've said before, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving collector. Enjoy the accomplishment! I know I sure am! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Really chuffed to have the set done.

Chris_J wrote:
A thing of beauty Shawn. Congrats on finishing the set. Whats up with the red on the one coin, second one in the second row? Camera flash?

Hey Chris, the red light is a reflection from my camera. It was showing up even worse originally on another part of the glass, so I cloned that part out, but didn't want to touch the area on the coin. The Anakin coin is one of the extra shiny ones, so it picked up the reflection still.

coachk28 wrote:
Amazing man!!!!

Is there a particular order the coins are arranged in???

The coins are pretty much alphabetical. I've seen a few collectors go a different route, but I prefer this method.

Idefix13 wrote:
My big congratulations on finishing the set Shawn!

Please excuse the probably dump question but what is the 63rd coin?

Nice frame btw. - are you going for a second set now to show the backside of the coins?

Uli

Thanks Uli. Some info on the 63rd coin can be read here on the archive. The 63rd can be found in gold, silver, and bronze. As of right now, I do not plan to pursue this coin mainly because of cost, but I won't ever say it will never be on my want list. Smile
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Many thanks for the info on the 63rd coin! What is your 63rd coin?

The one right below the POTF "sign".

Uli
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Idefix13 wrote:
Many thanks for the info on the 63rd coin! What is your 63rd coin?

The one right below the POTF "sign".

Uli

The one on the top in my frame is the smaller luke x-wing coin.

Basically Kenner toyed with smaller coins in the beginning and struck a bunch of these. Then for whatever reasons they opted for the larger size.
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:52 am

Hi Shawn, Welcome to" the 62 set club" Wink

Congrats Mate, i am really pleased for you, well done mate! so whats next? UDE coins? lol
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:06 am

Shawn

Couldnt be happier for you pal. Congrats again!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:33 am

AMAZING set Shawn! Cool

Congrats on finally finishing the run! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 3:09 am

What an achievement and a great looking piece to hang on your wall!! Congrats Shawn!

Thanks for the info about the 63rd coin and the smaller Luke X-Wing coin.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:59 pm

Awesome Blossom..Extra Awesome! Smile

The frame looks amazing Shawn i bet you can now kick back and look on it with great satisfaction!

In part i feel like i was on-board this journey at times over the last few years and thinks it was fantastic that the last coin came up to finish 2010 on a high cheers

Going for a full coin set on a budget serves as a great lesson regarding the patience needed to stay the distance in this hobby.

Reminds of that joke from the film colours

"There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Massive congrats Shawn on completing the set!

Whats your plans for 2011? Back to the Luke Jedi Focus or are you gonna go for the 63rd / other coins?

Jay

Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:26 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Awesome Blossom..Extra Awesome! Smile

The frame looks amazing Shawn i bet you can now kick back and look on it with great satisfaction!

In part i feel like i was on-board this journey at times over the last few years and thinks it was fantastic that the last coin came up to finish 2010 on a high cheers

Going for a full coin set on a budget serves as a great lesson regarding the patience needed to stay the distance in this hobby.

Reminds of that joke from the film colours

"There's two bulls standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, let's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". The older one says: "No son. Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".

Massive congrats Shawn on completing the set!

Whats your plans for 2011? Back to the Luke Jedi Focus or are you gonna go for the 63rd / other coins?

Jay

Thanks Jay! I certainly agree with you here. I don't have the same budget as some other collectors, but if you want something and can manage your money, you can still put together a great run of something. (It also helps by not collecting every little modern item coming out. Wink )

As for the future, I'll quote myself from RS Smile

Quote :
As far as future coin related purchases, I'd like to get the coin folder, a UDE, and finish my basic Droids set in which I still need Fett. I've got a Luke Jedi focus that has taken a bit of a back seat while I've been collecting these, so I'd like to get going back on that again.

Last edited by shawn_k on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:58 pm

shawn_k wrote:

As for the future, I'll quite myself from RS Smile

Shawn, that sounds like a good decision to me so you can focus more on TIG. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:07 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
shawn_k wrote:

As for the future, I'll quite myself from RS Smile

Shawn, that sounds like a good decision to me so you can focus more on TIG. Very Happy

lol! Spelling fixed.
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:51 pm

I was lucky enough to see the framed set a little earlier so have already congratulated Shawn but that's an awesome achievement so wanted to say well done here too.

:cantina:

I loved the story about the two bulls Jay! A very cool bit of advice for the long term!

Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 am

CRAZY that's an awesome set , I thought aout trying for the coins years go but decided against it . great to see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shawn's POTF Coin Collection   Shawn's POTF Coin Collection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shawn's POTF Coin Collection

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1