The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

!!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 am

Yea, I'm not wild about them at all. Don't get me wrong the fett is cool and all, but I'm not really digging the new packaging.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 5:04 am

What's with those bubbles?
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 am

Tank1252 wrote:
What's with those bubbles?

I sent an email to my cousin asking him the same question...........

:?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure :?: unsure
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am

Looks like they made room for the inner tray with those huge things. No wonder they are $7.99, they use $6.00 worth of tray and bubble. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:16 am

I have to say those bubbles looks shit imo i dont know why they didnt just use the VOTC / VSTC bubbles?

I suppose its good in one way as the cant be confused with vintage in any way.

I do fancy trying to get the rocket firing fett mind but im not keen on the larger projectile

Jay
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 10:48 am

how come that they took it off the market 30 years ago

because off chocking hazard

what makes them think this time it wont happen

i mean it's not like kids are getting smarter

i think it sucks , like a reissue of a 3000usd valued skateboard

it will only create more scammers

and get the price of the og boba down
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

Hey Jimmy, this link explains what happened which caused the change with the original Rocket Fett. The new one comes with a small missile which will not fire as it would still be a choking hazard. If you look in the picture the larger missile is the one that actually fires. Hasbro had to do the same thing with their reissue Transformers a few years back while the Japanese reissues used the exact same missiles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't think you have to worry about the modern toys hurting the value of vintage.

If anything ... it raises interest in star wars collecting... thus raising the value of vintage and modern items across the board.

Just look at how bad the world economy is, yet people still want to pay thousands of dollars for star wars items.... vintage or modern!!!!

Star Wars has been the dominate toy line for 30 years... and it shows no signs of slowing down
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:47 pm

coachk28 wrote:
I don't think you have to worry about the modern toys hurting the value of vintage.

iam not worried , all modern fig look modern , the boba looks vintage, and if you put it on ebay loose, with a rocket of a other boba

then you could try and scam people

either way i hate reissue's
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:50 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
coachk28 wrote:

iam not worried , all modern fig look modern , the boba looks vintage, and if you put it on ebay loose, with a rocket of a other boba

then you could try and scam people

either way i hate reissue's

There really isnt much to scam... since the only 2 available rocket firing fett prototypes out there to buy are the AFA ones from Brianstoys.

Anyone who buys one thinking its the real deal is an idiot!!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:52 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Hey Jimmy, this link explains what happened which caused the change with the original Rocket Fett. The new one comes with a small missile which will not fire as it would still be a choking hazard. If you look in the picture the larger missile is the one that actually fires. Hasbro had to do the same thing with their reissue Transformers a few years back while the Japanese reissues used the exact same missiles.

shawn thanks for that link , but like i stated i knew this ,

i read something a like but this one is better

so thanks

eitherway i hate reissue's alway's have alway's will , compared to reissue's i love recards , if that makes sence

recard still has the ot fig on it

reissue is , brand new all the way
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

you know what they say , a new idiote born everyday
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:57 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
you know what they say , a new idiote born everyday

Good P.T. Barnum reference!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !!! GOOD NEWS !!!   !!! GOOD NEWS !!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

!!! GOOD NEWS !!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3