The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can you spare a grade?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Can you spare a grade? Empty
PostSubject: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 am

New to these boards, and the SW toys hobby. Started out with some large collection purchases in November, and rounding out with some of the rare figures now.

I posted this idea on the RS boards, and Jay contacted me asking me to consider joining IG, which I'm more than happy to do, especially if I can ramp up my experience and knowledge.

The idea I had is quite simple: the addition of a section or stickied "spare a grade/please grade my figure/toy" thread on these boards.

There is already something like this at the comic-focused message board I'm a member of and it does help quite a bit in terms of reducing over-grading habits in the marketplace, helping new collectors sharpen their grading, as well as allowing seasoned collectors to share their knowledge.

Posting convention would be to use PGM (please grade my) action figure/toy as the subject of each new post. The thing I find most neat about this is that you get to see some figures that you normally wouldn't have an opportunity to share with others, and it helps everyone brush-up on grading skills.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 am

Hey Welcome aboard!

I saw this on RS and thought it was...........interesting. I think you'll see that 10 people might give you 11 different replies though lol! .

It should be fun to see how each person sees a particular figures condition. Go for it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:36 am

well, it sounds more feasable than trying to make a count of all the moc's out there :p

welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:49 pm

If someone posts (good clear) pictures of their items in this thread ill be happy to provide how i would grade the item Smile

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Yeah, interesting...& fun i suspect. Just hope i don't upset too many people.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:43 am

I plan to add some items after Xmas Day once i get my new camera to show examples of MOC's that i would rate C8, C8.5, C9, C9.5, C9.5+

For the now though feel free to trying to assess what grade this MOC would be - (I used this MOC as the pictures are decent and include front and back)

Can you spare a grade? RC1

Can you spare a grade? R2
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Jay - I'd say AFA50Y. It's a beater. I'd like to buy it though, even in that terrible shape. Say $30 shipped? lol!

Id say:

Figure - 85
Blister - 85
Card - 80 (some rubbing down the sides I think)

So AFA80
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you spare a grade?   Can you spare a grade? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you spare a grade?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1