The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far Empty
PostSubject: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:24 am

So I signed up for the rebelscum forums. Didn't fully understand the rules... since TIG and Rebelscum were the first forums I have ever signed up for and participated in!!!!

Had a couple people politely correct my mess ups... then others who were just total douche bags!!!!

Then i had some 18 year old kid try to tell me that my POTF2 han solo with nien nunb sticker was a scam!!!!

I was thinking to myself.... "I was watching, playing, collecting star wars stuff before you were even a dream in your dads pants. Dont tell me what is fake and real!!!"

I have better things to do then scam people selling star wars toys... i have a real job!!!!!

anyway... just wanted to vent!!!!

head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang
frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated frustrated
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:33 am

" then others who were just total douche bags!!!!" Laughing Laughing You got the Rebelscum welcome Razz There are many top guys on there but yep quite a few knobends. It is a great source of information, and some good buys in the classifieds but no where near as fun lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 10:36 am

totally turned me off their forum!!!

only reason why I am going to keep it is for learning more about vintage collecting... and trying to find missing pieces to my collection!!!

other than that Im prob done with posting there!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:25 am

I second what James said. That place has gone down hill lately with the inner circle mentality, its unreal. Don't trip on it.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 11:32 am

amen!!! now i dont feel so bad!!!

Wow you've got 100,000 posts on rebelscum forums and 5 rooms full of star wars stuff!!! Good for you!!! That doesnt make me any less of a star wars fan than you!!!!

Whats it like being 40 yrs old, living in your parents basement and still jackin off to Leia slave girl pics???
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:07 pm

coachk28 wrote:

Whats it like being 40 yrs old, living in your parents basement and still jackin off to Leia slave girl pics???

Aw now that is a bit harsh lol

The fact is, you didn't read the stickied topics that tell you how to post - Don't take it personally, its just that for the last 8 years or so many of them month in and month out spend their time telling people like yourself to read the posts that are made to inform them on how to post and how the boards work, unfortunately you get to a point where you see 70 for sale posts from the same person who clearly didn't read the posts above and think - Moron! And have a rant.

Been there and done it and I am happily married and don't have a basement Wink
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

Sorry... I know it was a little harsh, but Im sure the people that were being rude and complaining fit my description to a T!!!!

I did read the rules, but like I said. This and rebel scum were my first two forums I have ever participated in. So unless your familiar with the lingo its like reading stereo instructions in ancient cuneiform!!!!

ive got no problem with people pointing out my mistakes... and when i fully understood what was going on I fixed my errors!!!

but you dont have to be a ignorant and rude!!! But thats what happens when you talk to people via computers more than you do face to face in real life!!!

And dont tell me bc I have a production error figure that you dont have, that mine must be a fake/scam!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:18 pm

Lol yeah there are some assholes on there I will agree Smile

Anyways if you survive the frosty reception I am sure you will enjoy it just as much as here, by the way here you can have 100 classifieds posts if you want Wink I am sure we won't mind as long as you keep track of them all lol

Some times I go without posting on RS for a while and I certainly felt a bit out of place when I first joined, I have also been told to fuck off and stay out of certain discussions in the past or to not attack certain members when they were in the wrong just because they are "credits to the hobby" BUT the fact remains that its a great place for info and the classifieds see some extremely awesome items week in and out!

You can always come over here and blow off steam if it happens again lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh im going to stick with RS. Rebelscum has been my internet homepage waaaaaayyyy before I even joined the forum!!! Im just prob not going to post!!!!

Going to stick to using it to complete my loose and carded collection, as well as learn more about collecting!!!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh and also - new users + instant selling is a touchy subject Sad I would imagine that is the same with
most forums though, over on RS many people have signed up , sold some figures and never sent anything Sad

So the reaction to people just storming in and selling without saying much of a hello can be bad at times !
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:24 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Oh im going to stick with RS. Rebelscum has been my internet homepage waaaaaayyyy before I even joined the forum!!! Im just prob not going to post!!!!

Going to stick to using it to complete my loose and carded collection, as well as learn more about collecting!!!

Good stuff Smile I hope your figures sell by the way - any interest in the miscard POTF2 figure?
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 pm

yeah I can see that being an issue!!!

i did say hello and post a link to my collection page though!!!

too much of a pain to load pics to a post on there!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Joe_O wrote:
Lol yeah there are some assholes on there I will agree Smile

Anyways if you survive the frosty reception I am sure you will enjoy it just as much as here, by the way here you can have 100 classifieds posts if you want Wink I am sure we won't mind as long as you keep track of them all lol

Some times I go without posting on RS for a while and I certainly felt a bit out of place when I first joined, I have also been told to fuck off and stay out of certain discussions in the past or to not attack certain members when they were in the wrong just because they are "credits to the hobby" BUT the fact remains that its a great place for info and the classifieds see some extremely awesome items week in and out!

You can always come over here and blow off steam if it happens again lol!

As Joe said really bud.

The RS Classifieds are awesome and its always worth checking them regularly and there are a lot of great experienced collectors on there (as well as a few knobs)

Those that have know me for a while will tell you the one thing i dont like and wont stand for is scamming twats and i have shot straight from the hip on a number of the big RS threads over the years.

I believe you should look after and support your fellow collectors and that was part of my reason for starting these sites in the first place and also to have a relaxed vintage only place where we can have a laugh and enjoy the hobby whatever side of vintage collecting your into.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 1:04 pm

Quote :

WTF!!! You spying on me or something? Laughing

Quote :
I have also been told to fuck off and stay out of certain discussions in the past or to not attack certain members when they were in the wrong just because they are "credits to the hobby" BUT the fact remains that its a great place for info and the classifieds see some extremely

Either that or be threaten to have your throat ripped out with their teeth for calling a scammer out. Its still a good laugh. Seriously, like Jay and Joe have said alot of them will think somethings up when you go posting for sale threads and not do a formal intro to who you are. Just consider yourself luck you weren't on SWF and done that. Not only would you've been most likely banned from there, you would've been cussed off the site. Just stick with it and don't let a few jackasses bother you. They do it to all newbies.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 6:46 am

I got the same welcome as well mate Laughing
I to was new to the starwars forum business and every little thing I did I was getting blasted for it. I couldnt understand what I was doing wrong. It is as has been said full of very knowledgable people and as Jay/Joe said the classifieds do tend to have some nice things on. Thats what I mainly go on for now adays
I check between TIG which has become my main site and RS, and SWFUK

I understand your frustration bounce
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:02 am

LMAO

I actually asked for cardback scans in my first post, ill let you imagine the replies/pms i got LOL but it didnt put me off, i shop there a lot and have met lots of genuine nice people, i think your first posts are critical for people to get an idea of who you are and what your doing.
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 am

clearly none of y'all have been on skullandbonesskateboards.com

if you want to see what noob bashing is

i didnt have any trouble getting on , almost on swfuk but as my second or something post i just posted my collectionroom

and the bashing was over before it begon
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 pm

I hate people that HATE on your items!!!

POTF2 collectors (hahaahahah) are talking shit about my Han Solo Nien Nunb error figure!!!

Are they that bored???
Back to top Go down
phase3
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
phase3

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Joe_O wrote:

I have also been told to fuck off and stay out of certain discussions in the past or to not attack certain members when they were in the wrong just because they are "credits to the hobby"

100% agree --- the amount of times that thieves, liars and scam artists are praised as being a "credit to the hobby" or a "stand-up guy" is just ridiculous. People who are desperate for their collectable items are willing to forgive a scammer simply because they've been around for years (and were once a good person). Total bullshit!

Some of the hardcore investors and collectors there (who don't even watch or like Star Wars) also get **very** touchy if you call them an investor. You have to be careful what you say there!

From memory a couple of years back, there were a lot of people pissed off with Rebel Scum, and they went and created the Galactic Hunter website & forum (please correct me if I'm wrong on that -- just going by memory!)

Rebel Scum is great (especially the classifieds), but I haven't posted much on there lately. Don't know...it just hasn't been as much fun in the last 6 months or so.

This site's forum is very refreshing to see! There are topics here I actually want to participate in and am interested in reading!

Cheers,
Rob.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 8:25 pm

I wouldnt go using this site as a platform for attacking other sites really, it does not concern this site, theyre not all perfect but lets make this one perfect Wink
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:45 pm

Robbo... good to see you playing the diplomat, now your wearing your developers hat and all Wink Smile

And James ...seriously...harden the fuck up princess indy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:32 am

Take it all with a pinch of salt on there like most of the lads say the classifieds are the the hottest part of RS for sure and i have picked up many great items from there over the last few years Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:30 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
Take it all with a pinch of salt on there like most of the lads say the classifieds are the the hottest part of RS for sure and i have picked up many great items from there over the last few years Smile

I wouldn't say that at all.. there are heaps of other cool threads/sections on RS!
Here are a few great areas to keep an eye on, IMO anyway Smile

Other Vintage SW Collectables
AFA threads...You see some nice pieces if you can look past all the labels lol!
Lego..Well you know i was going to put that...but you can get some great deals so worth watching
Vintage Toys... Who doesn't love looking at other vintage goodness
Vintage limelighting...Well we all know you see ssome pretty fucking nice collections in there!
Customs...This is mostly vehicles
Customizing...This is mostly figures
Custom Dioramas.. Some VERY cool fan made Dio's in here!

+ Heaps of others I aint gonna list, but they are ones I look at the most.

Another good thing on RS is the collector base!
There are a lot that are registered but lurk and only become active when they feel they have something to contribute etc
I don't know how many times I have seen someone post a group shot of some weapons and vehicle parts from all types of toylines.. and within hours, usually, someone has just about got them all identified for the original poster.That sort of info can take hours of your own time searching on the net, going back and forth through web pages etc when on RS you just gotta ask politely and bammo..you get results 99% of the time..
This sort of knowledge is invaluable IMO and would be silly to even think of turning your back on, just because of some kid in the POTF2 section and a few hard arses in the vintage.
Anyway I wouldn't write the joint off and only go as far as keeping an eye on the classifieds James. Much to learn you have by reading on Smile

James! Could you post a pic of this fandangle Modern miscard? I wanna see what all the fuss is about Smile
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:24 am

I did post a pic of it when I first joined.... in our classified section!!!

I'm not gonna turn my back on RS!!! And I'm not trying to bash it!!! I've gotten a lot more positive out of it than negative so far!!!

I've just delt with a couple of idiots that are putting a damper on the first month or so of my membership!!!!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:44 am

Will check it out now mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far   I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Unhappy With Rebelscum Forums So Far

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next