The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Vintage "collection" such as it is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Empty
PostSubject: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:24 pm

I have a few carded figures. The cards themselves are mostly in really good shape excepting that every single one of them has had the POP artfully removed (or not so much with the Vader 12 Back):

My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_CardedVintageFrontMy Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_CardedVintageBack

Here are the loose ones I have so far. Most are minty, or close enough for me at the moment, R5-D4, Snaggle, Walrusman, the Jawa and Death Squad Commander are ones I've had since I was a kid that are place holders:

My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_LooseVintage_01My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_LooseVintage_02

They've been hiding away under the bed for a good while. When I opened the case last night I was surprised to see some of them (Luke, Stormtrooper) had yellowed since I saw them last.

I still have all of my old Star Wars toys from when I was a kid too. The rest of my collection begins in 1995.

Last edited by dcarty on Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to revise pictures and for clarity)
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:30 pm

dcarty wrote:

They've been hiding away under the bed for a good while. When I opened the case last night I was surprised to see some of them (Luke, Stormtrooper) had yellowed since I saw them last.

First of all GREAT collection man! Very Happy

Looks fantastic!

Secondly, take your figures out of the baggies. That's been known to do more damage than good for storing vintage figures. Since the plastic is breaking down, it needs to "breath" a bit. And the baggies trap all of those toxins in there. I'm betting that's why your Luke Stormie turned yellow.

Anyway, it's great to see your collection. Your 12 and 20 backs are AWESOME! Can't wait to see your collection grow with time!

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Nice collection dude, specially those cases. Smile
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Now there is some sound advice--thank you Chris! Thanks Tiger Smile

I've unbagged everything and changed over the pics.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:45 pm

Great collection I love the SW MOC'S!
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks Joe, Love your avatar :cool laugh:

Some day I'd love to have a 12-Back carded R2-D2 and C-3PO. Those were the first two figures I bought waaaaaay back when. I vividly remember to this day being at Kmart and walking into the toy dept and seeing that "WOW--they've got STAR WARS TOYS!!!!". They must have just put them out that day because they were still fully stocked from what I recall. I just happened to have enough allowance money to get two figures and after a lot of wrestling with which ones to get settled on the droids and my little brother got Darth Vader (I must have talked him into it). We were on cloud nine for weeks and it only got better as more toys came out.
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:24 pm

I also have these guys. Again, not mint but certainly acceptable (for me at least):

My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_VaderLarge_00My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_VaderLarge_01My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_VaderLarge_02My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_VaderLarge_03

My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_BobaLarge_01My Vintage "collection" such as it is... Th_BobaLarge_02

I'd really like to find an orange replacement insert card for Boba Fett. Either a nice replica or, preferably, an original.

Cheers Guys,

Dave

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Nice childhood collection you got there!

I especially like those vintage suitcases loaded with figures.

You are planning to get a complete collection of loose figures?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Fantastic collection Dave thanks for taking the time to share Smile

Personal favs for me have to be your SW MOC's (im a bit of a nut for MOC's lol) they look in awesome condition!!!

Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 pm

dcarty wrote:
Now there is some sound advice--thank you Chris! Thanks Tiger Smile

I've unbagged everything and changed over the pics.

Ahhhh! That's better! I can hear them breathing better already. Very Happy

Again, they look fantastic! Your Death Star Droid is in beautiful shape!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Congrats on some really nice stuff, Dave, thanks for the share and keep us updated Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Great collection Dave. No matter how small or how big a collection is, it all looks great.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Vintage "collection" such as it is...   My Vintage "collection" such as it is... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Vintage "collection" such as it is...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1