The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread Empty
PostSubject: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 am

The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread

Hi Lads

I have set up this thread so we can all discuss the different ways / methods of posting Vintage MOC's both Graded and ungraded Smile

Feel free to chip in pictures and discuss the pro's and cons of the different options available Smile

Once im back home tonight i will update this thread with some of my own experiences and techniques that i use.

Cheers Jay

Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:27 pm

NEVER SHIP A MOC IN A PADDED ENVELOPE!!!

I DON'T CARE IF IT IS IN A STAR CASE OR AN AFA/OSCAR'S CASE!!!
Back to top Go down
Paul-itoy
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
Paul-itoy

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Not exactly a carded issue, but never post a weapon in a standard paper envelope - they can get jammed in mechanised sorting machines - always use a padded envelope.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm

I wrap bubble wrap around the bubble then wrap the whole thing when sending without a case. Then place in a larger box and put enough packing in the cushion for the ride to its new home. Never sent any with a case yet. As for sending loose weapons, I put them in a baggie wrapped in tissue or paper towel, then into a padded envelope. I sent some one time in a regular envelope, but they were also in a baggie and wrapped for safety.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

If the bubble is fragile (assuming it's not a sealed case) I put saran wrap around the MOC. It's great and keeps the bubble tight to the cardback. Great for 2 Packs
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 3:48 am

The saran wrap (glad wrap) is a great idea. Like Chris said protecting the bubble is the key & lots of padding with a sturdy box. Cereal boxes and the like are useless. Not everyone has packing beans/peanuts - a suitable substitute is lots of crumpled up paper &/or plastic bags. If a MOC is packaged correctly you should be confident that you can throw it across a room into the wall & it survive- because postal workers will treat it the same. Sometimes labeling a box as 'FRAGILE' makes it worse Evil or Very Mad As a buyer always ask the seller how they are going to send it, never assume they will package it correctly.

Side note re loose figures: NO fat figures- Gam Guard, Rancor keeper, Dengar & most Ewoks should be sent via padded envelope.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 am

I wanted to bump this thread with the idea that we could help each other out in understanding postal addresses world wide. I know from my experiences filling out customs forms, our international bros' addresses can be a bit confusing! unsure

So for all you guys overseas, here is a brief example of a US address.

Chris Botkins
123 House Street
Vintagetown, WY
United States

I've tried to include all I can for a normal street mailing address. Here is the breakdown of what it all means for your customs forms.

Chris Botkins (name Wink )
123 House Street (this is the street address and house number)
Vintagetown, WY (this is the city followed by the state after the comma. States are almost always abbreviated with two initials)
12345 (this is the zip code or postal code. Sometimes you'll see a 9 digit zip code which is usually designated with a "-" following the first five digits)
United States (this is the country)

Every so often you'll see "P.O. Box 123" that is a Post Office box and they are actually located at the Post Office. If you see one of those, they go in the street address field. Also, apartments here are designated by a "#" sign and usually come after the street address. Example: 123 House Street, #103.

I hope that helps clarify some things. If I forgot anything, or need to add anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. Very Happy

Last edited by RebelChris on Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:45 am

Nice idea Chris- European addresses can be very hard to work out !

If any of the Danish, German , Spanish etc guys can follow Chris's lead and help us out that would be great lol

Or ideally - when you do deal with someone just remember to tell them whats what in your address - I have got to the post office a few times and have not been entirely sure which part of the address goes in the form I am filling in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:13 am

The Netherlands:

Blargh Harpscuttle (name)
Prinsengracht (street) 52 (number)
1034 TD (zipcode) Amsterdam (city)
The Netherlands (country)

Or if you send it to a work address

Strategon BV (company)
T.a.v. (to the attention of) Blargh Harpscuttle (name)
etc.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Great idea guys.

A danish adress culd look like this:

Hans søren Jensen ( Name ) We have Æ, Ø and Å in many of our names ,streets and citys names. But they can always be swaped with AE, O or OE , and AA .

Vesterbrogade 187. 3 th ( street , adress and apartment floor ) So Vesterbrogade number 187 . 3 floor th ( on the right hand ) It can be tv ( on the left hand ) or mf ( in the middel )

1620 kbh v. ( 1620 is the post area . kbh v is short for Chopenhagen ( city) Vesterbro. ( part of Copenhagen ) Best way wuld to put it like . Copenhagen V.

Danmark / Denmark The conty .

If you rent a room or have your adresse at a place thats not your own it can look like:

Hans Søren Jensen
CO:
Willy Hansen
Vesterbrogade 186. 2 mf
1620 Copenhangen V

If it is send to a work place. It wuld be like:

The Vintage Star Wars Shop

Vesterbrogade 186
1620 Copenhagen V
Denmark

Att: ( Atention ) Hans Søren Jensen / Star wars seller department.
Tlf. +45 20 00 00 20 ( A danish phone number )

If i or my company have a postbox. It wil just say postbox and a number for it some where in the adress.

Hans Søren Jensen
The Vintage Star Wars Shop
Postbox 1224
Copenhagen V

Btw. Denmark is a small cuntry and almost every one reads english . So the box have a very good chance of geting here.

Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:34 pm

go wash your mouth with soap!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:42 pm

typical belgian addy:

Waffle De Winter name
Keltenlaan 8 (bus 1) street number (and "bus x" if needed, for appartments)
9880 Aalter zipcode town
Belgium country

hurray for simplicity!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:24 pm

And when sending something to someone in England or such, make sure to put UK instead of England since theres other areas (as I found out). Some get hostile over it. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread   The TIG Packing Vintage SW MOC's to Post - Methods, Do's / Dont's and Shared Learning Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1