The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... Empty
PostSubject: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:52 am

Do all vintage snowspeeders have the black string tow cable? I only ask because I see so many with normal household string that I had originally presumed were ome-made replacements, but it's strange that they all look the same and seems odd that so many would use light coloured string when it's so easy to get black thread?

I'm still assuming that they are home-made replacements (As I was told once by a U.S. dealer), I just thought I'd ask as there are other variations between Palitoy and Kenner snowspeeders for example.

Please feel free to laugh and point, but thought I'd better ask. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 pm

I sold my snowspeeder a year or so ago, but still had some pictures. Mine had the black string. The person I would ask is Emiel (Capetown) as he has the best MIB collection with sealed contents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 pm

shawn_k wrote:
I sold my snowspeeder a year or so ago, but still had some pictures. Mine had the black string. The person I would ask is Emiel (Capetown) as he has the best MIB collection with sealed contents.

Thanks Shawn! Smile

Just sent him a PM (If I get an answer from anyone by PM, I'll put the info in this thread.)

-J
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:22 pm

I have:

Palitoy ESB (pink box) sealed contents (black string)
Kenner ESB (pink box) sealed contents (black string)
Kenner ESB (blue box) opened contents (black string)
Bi-logo ROTJ (blue box) sealed contents (white string)

I've also owned a few more snowspeeders where I had no doubt about the legitimacy of the contents. The only variant where there was white string was the Bi-logo ROTJ version again.

Edit: rechecked and a second Palitoy ESB pink box Snowspeeder I have (for sale right now actually) also has a white piece of string attached to the harpoon.
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 5:57 pm

I have a bi-logo ROTJ French / english Palitoy boxed Snow speeder wich i bougt from new with white string as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Im gonna check my boxed snow speeder and post back on this thread.

Man i hope i dont have a REPRO string i cant remember it been black :pale:

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:44 am

Jay, check the posts before mate. Doesn't mean it's not real if it's not black.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 am

Capetown wrote:
Jay, check the posts before mate. Doesn't mean it's not real if it's not black.

Yeah i saw Emiel that one of the versions comes with a white string. Im pretty sure my string is a dirty white lol My box if i recall has the pink background as well im not sure ill check it out when im back at home Smile

Jay

Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:55 am

Btw. My Snow speeder was bougt in Sweden. it has a small orange sticker on it. "Dukker figurer ingår ej"
Dolls figures are not included. In the box there where the org. manual and a swedish photo copyed (very bad ) Swedish manual for the Snow Speeder. with ESP logo on it. witch must mean that the manual has been used since the ESP version was released.

Im not with the box right now. So i cant check the tape. But im just thinking that if all the large ships sold in sweden where sold with , an swedish manuals. Then none of the boxes has the org. tape seal on them.

Any one has some insight on that one ?

Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

Why not? The Swedish instructions could have been included in the Palitoy/General Mills etc. factory, couldn't they?
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

Maybe they could ? But the photo copy is as i said very bad. I dont think that a company wuld have sold stuff with an photo copy
manual. The sticker is pro produced. So im thinking that it might have been the Swedish importer that has put them in the box.

It might have some Swedish law that made them put the manual in the box.

Any way im curius on what the story is with the manual :-)
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 am

Capetown wrote:
Why not? The Swedish instructions could have been included in the Palitoy/General Mills etc. factory, couldn't they?
to me that sounds odd, but I have no other explanation for the aussie instructions in a speeder bike either.
Back to top Go down
obiwankenobinil
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
obiwankenobinil

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 am

aussiejames wrote:
Capetown wrote:
to me that sounds odd, but I have no other explanation for the aussie instructions in a speeder bike either.

aren't your in English then tongue
Back to top Go down
registred_user
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
registred_user

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 am

i had a spanish snowspeeder (i don´t remember how the box was) and the string was white.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am

obiwankenobinil wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
Capetown wrote:

aren't your in English then tongue
NO they are in Australian Razz (with an aussie address)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...   Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snowspeeder tow cable - probably dumb question...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1