The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shipping To Australia From UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Shipping To Australia From UK Empty
PostSubject: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Hey fellas,
I recently won a small AFA loose figure on ebay from a UK seller. The seller wants 15 quid to ship it to me in Australia, which sounds a little heavy to me. He's happy to post it to a UK shipping address for me if i want (@ 5 quid). I'm wondering if it's worth getting it shipped to one of my UK based TIG buddies, & getting it shipped on from there?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:15 am

Tank1252 wrote:
Hey fellas,
I recently won a small AFA loose figure on ebay from a UK seller. The seller wants 15 quid to ship it to me in Australia, which sounds a little heavy to me. He's happy to post it to a UK shipping address for me if i want (@ 5 quid). I'm wondering if it's worth getting it shipped to one of my UK based TIG buddies, & getting it shipped on from there?

If its an AFA Cased loose figure then it will most likely be posted in a box there it will cost quite a bit more than a loose figure in a jiffy bag. The wieght will be nearer a MOC in a starcase due to the acrylic.

If the seller is on ebay then im guessing they are sending it via either Airsure or International signed to retain PP Seller protection depending on how they pack it will cost them between £11 - £14. If they sent it untracked it will cost them about £5 - £7.

Royalmail have put there prices up a few times recently Sad

Of course im happy to help if it works out to be worth it bro.

Jay
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 pm

£15 is steep mate, but if the are charging a fiver to ship to a uk address first then, get a mate to ship at cost to you my guess is you will save maybe £3 doing it that way

i shipped 2 loose figures in a small box to oz with signed for delivery a few months ago, pretty sure it was around the £7 mark, can be as low as £4 ish with no tracking
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Tbh depending on how he is sending it he's not too far off.

Postage would be about £5-6, then international signed for is an additional £4.50
Standard insurance is only for £41, so if he is taking out extra insurance it is another £2.50

It can all add up, especially if he sends it in a sturdy box with loads of packing.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Del wrote:
Tbh depending on how he is sending it he's not too far off.

Postage would be about £5-6, then international signed for is an additional £4.50
Standard insurance is only for £41, so if he is taking out extra insurance it is another £2.50

It can all add up, especially if he sends it in a sturdy box with loads of packing.

Thats my thought process Del and i would pack an AFA Graded Loose figure much like i would pack a Graded MOC to ensure it was fully protected.

I sent an AFA Loose Graded figure out once and it was heavier than my other parcel at the time that was an ungraded MOC in a starcase.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Cheers guys for the input, kinda forgot i posted this. I paid for it to come direct. Looks like i wouldn't have saved much, if anything to double handle it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping To Australia From UK   Shipping To Australia From UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping To Australia From UK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1