The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders! Empty
PostSubject: Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders!   Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:02 am

About 3 weeks ago i bought a laptop off play.com for my girlfriends Xmas box.

It was been sent to my best mates house as i used his credit card and Play.com wouldn't under any circumstances change the delivery address as its there policy.

The delivery was arranged for last Thursday with the courier however the decided to deliver on the Wednesday when my friend was at work instead of taking back to the depot they delivery driver decided to leave the parcel next door which just happened to be a derelict house under going renovation and had workers coming and going all day.

Safe to say the parcel was stolen so i had to endure an hour long call to a manager a play.com (good job i used to be a call centre manager and know the score) .

I finally got him to agree liability and they are now sending out a more expensive model free of charge.

So i stuck in my mates house today watching the door as the stupid delivery window is 7am - 7pm! as i must intercept this parcel as the courier company have said the driver will try the neighbors again of there is no answer!!

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders!   Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:21 am

Gotta love it when shit like that happens. At least in the end you will have an even better machine than the one you ordered.

Last week something kind of similar happened with my wife. She ordered a laptop purse and the online tracking said it was delivered. I got home from work and nothing was on the doorstep and a note she had left for the driver was still on the door. There is another place in our complex that has the same number, but is on a different street and building #. Out of curiosity I decided to check there and sure enough her package was waiting on their doorstep. It said right on the package what building number it should go to. I've been meaning to go talk to them, when they are home, so they know if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com

Scammed by Play.com delivery serviced and dodgy builders!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1