The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My little slice of VSW....finally :O)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Empty
PostSubject: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:54 am

Hi guys its a while since I have given much time to the TIG notice boards mainly because of work committments but have tried to keep my hand in picking up various bits and thought I now have enough to add something to this topic.
I picked up my first VSW item which happened to be a B-Wing pilot baggie off Ebay in April of this year before I had any clue what I was doing and the rest has happened over the last 6 months but could not have happened without the help of too many people to mention who are all on this Forum this is my collection so far and hope it proves to be of interest .....

Boxed collection with my 3 MOC (Hope to get some more ESB soon)
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Img_4210
Mini rigs + Minty AT-ST
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Img_4211
Tatooine Skiff which I got for a great price (no inserts/instructions and had a couple of modern parts some but which is now almost Vintage complete)
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Img_4212
Essential VSW Reference guides / annuals
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Img_4213
Framed Kenner posters
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Img_4214
My loose collection
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Sw_loo10
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Esb_lo10
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Rotj_l10
My little slice of VSW....finally :O) Variou10
Thanks for looking
Tony

Last edited by HothTony on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:09 am

Wow you managed to get a few really nice items for the short time you collect!

Congrat!

Uli
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:13 am

Great collection Tony, I really like the framed posters! Those ESB MOC's are not too shabby either Wink
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:18 am

Very nice. I especially like the MOCS and the framed Kenner posters Smile
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 am

Dude three things!

1 - What's Ethans Card doing in YOUR collection? Laughing
2 - What back R2 ESB is that? bounce
and 3 - Shweet collection dude! Wink
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks guys
Ham as requested:
1) He put it there as he told me until he gets a similar shelf or display cabinet it should be with the others lol!
2) 31 Back

cheers
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Tony.

Realy nice collection and very vel displayed. Smile

Cheers Michael
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:28 am

HothTony wrote:
Thanks guys
Ham as requested:
1) He put it there as he told me until he gets a similar shelf or display cabinet it should be with the others lol!
2) 31 Back

cheers

lol, thanks and thanks ;-)
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:43 am

Tony thats a great start mate and I really like the shelving unit to display everthing. Really fresh looking! A few Luke Jedi related toys that I don't have yet too!-Well done! bounce

The Loose collection is great! It goes to show what you can do with a little bit work.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:33 pm

Superb stuff, Tony! You've been busy and they're all displayed very nicely too Cool The collection looks great!
Noticed the selection of cool SW annuals on the shelf too - excellent items, also the Meccano to Trilogo book (would you recommend this book?)

Look forward to more updates! Thanks for sharing cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:38 pm

I am sure Tony has his own opinions of the book Paul but I must say - I would highly recommend you pick it up!
It would even be a great reference and tool for you if you were to find some local MOC Meccano stuff!

It's a great book plain and simple!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks again guys for the kind comments.

Bonjour Paul and as Joe says its a really cool book and a really good read that for you and where you are based now I would say is a 'must' have !!

cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:00 pm

HothTony wrote:
Thanks again guys for the kind comments.

Bonjour Paul and as Joe says its a really cool book and a really good read that for you and where you are based now I would say is a 'must' have !!

cheers
Tony

Great collection with a nice set-up.
Just want to echo Joe and Tony, Stephan's book is a must have, great pictures and many things i had not seen before.
Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Tony,

thats an exceptional collection for such a short space of time mate, all in fantastic condition, love the display cabinet, did you put that together your self or have it custom made?

Andy
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Great collection Tony! Smile
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 2:54 pm

Hi Andy
Thanks M8 and the cabinets are from Ikea (Billy) !! ... Two end ones are £9.99 each and the middle one is £19.99 ...... Bargain Very Happy Very Happy
Tony
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 pm

Very Nice Tony, Congrat!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Love the collection Tony. That AT-ST and those mini rigs are the dogs. Cool
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 8:57 pm

What a superb collection you've put together Tony & nicely displayed too! Very Happy

I love the way you've wall mounted the billy bookcases,never seen that before.Great stuff! Cool
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 2:41 am

Thanks again guys
Mark as you know the 'Billy' bookcases seem to have been made for some of the Kenner boxes and the great beauty is the shelves can be re-configured plus you can buy additional ones ....... still got a way to catch up with you Very Happy Very Happy
Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am

Thanks for sharing pics Tony! Smile

It's great to see your collection finally! The display looks excellent! I think my favorite by far is the mini-rigs, followed up closely with the framed posters! Very Happy

Also, for what it's worth, I too highly recommend Stephane's Meccan to Tri-Logo book!
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:00 am

Very nice Tony! The display cases look great and you've done very well for yourself in roughly 5 months of collecting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 am

Outstanding collection Tony i cant believe you got so much stuff in 6 months!!!

Personal favorite of mine is the ROTJ Luke Hoth Kenner MOC that looks a gem with a sweet clear bubble to boot! - If you ever look to sell or trade it let me know Smile

Love the framed posters as well im gonna be doing the same once i finsh fixing the dam the wall in my collection room Smile

Look the display set up as well mate!

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks Chris, Shawn and Jay

Jay although I am trying to collect the first 12 figures on ESB cards I do love that Luke Hoth as well and unlikely its gonna leave anytme soon but of course I will gice you a 'heads up' if it does.
I did at one time consider a focus on that character but having seen the price on some of the MOC I got a little frightened but maybe one day lol!
Cheers Tony
Back to top Go down
cyberzakatak
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Awesome Blossom..Extra Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My little slice of VSW....finally :O)   My little slice of VSW....finally :O) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My little slice of VSW....finally :O)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next