The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! Empty
PostSubject: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Just got this through the door my first ever customs charge Sad

Money grabbing gits!

Oh well at least i can get my item tomorrow Smile

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! Dcam0726

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Dude how much was the item to make the charges that much? Also do you know if I'll have to pay for charges if I get something sent to me from Belgium to UK?

Thanks Jay

Last edited by tigerham on Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:29 pm

unsure unsure unsure
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:31 pm

coachk28 wrote:
unsure unsure unsure

why?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm

tigerham wrote:
Dude how much was the item to make the charges that much? Also do you know if I'll have to pay for charges if I get something sent to me from Belgium to UK?

Thanks Jay

That was on an item that cost 50gbp

So im guessing they take around 20%

Yeah unfortunately UK has customs charges for all international mail we recieved its a lottery as to been caught though i went 7 years clean before this.

Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:36 pm

Jesus Titty? Fookin £13 on something that cost £50? WTF! Twats, they fookin rob us blind in this bloody country!!! It was said in the papers that we're one of the most expensive countries and one of the worst for it!!
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:05 pm

At least it was only £13 mate, last time i got stung it was for £75! Now that really fucked me off. Now i try 2buy off people i know that will declare a lower value for me. i think its just outside the eu we get custom charges.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:26 pm

Yeah I just heard that from someone else Del, that it's only outside the EU that charges apply so think I might be safe from Belgium :-)
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 pm

i get customs charges almost every time i receive something from the usa (exceptions being really small boxes, i guess whatever falls in the category of what the regular postman can carry, e.g. a box the size of a cellphone)

i've never had this with shipments from the uk or eu mainland though.. so i don't think belgium to uk will be a problem
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 3:41 am

Hyver u ninja, forgot you were from the land of the Chocolate :-) Thanks dude. I'm not getting my item off you am I? unsure lol!
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 am

so you're the perv who bought that used inflatable..
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:32 am

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! Starwars_06

don't worry it fits in a really small package when deflated
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:32 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 am

Unfortunately i get hit all the friggin time Sad

when i bought my 21 fett o got hit with a bill for £110...i nearly threw up
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:25 am

Hyver wrote:
I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! Starwars_06

don't worry it fits in a really small package when deflated

That thing is flippin sweet!!!

I want one!!!

To bad it has all that dumb prequel poop on it!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 am

Well i have also paid fees for several items, but got lucky once to, i recieved a package at wich i asked the seller to put a lower declared value on the form so would not get stung by the custom fees, whilst the item inside was much more expensive. When it was delivered by the postman, when he hands me over the package, he just asks me to sign for it and goes on. Afterwards i noticed that the seller had put a lower declared value on the form but still with the value declared on it as 50$, also noticed on the form i still had to pay 10 euro customs fees normally, but the postmen forgot about it....

by the way, that inflatable thing is awesome.
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:37 am

So what suggestions do you guys have for those of us shipping across the pond?

I've always declared pretty close to real value whenever I ship and pay whatever is necessary on my end. And I've never ran into anyone having to pay for a package I sent. Should we do something different? I ask in particular since I have a rather large shipment that needs to go to Wouter and don't want him slapped with a bunch of fees.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:52 am

There is no win win, if you declare a low value and its opened/investigated or lost, then you will either get in trouble for lying or you risk only getting the insurance for the declared value I believe.

Luckily with toys its hard for anyone to say what its really worth, as such you could "change" the value to whatever you wanted to as long as the person receiving the item is aware of the risk in that and you are of course aware that if you were caught lying then it could be bad news.

I never got hit with customs in the UK and here I don't pay anything either luckily, however I do often get scared when I see a parcel arrive with its real declared value on it , if a box says $500 on it - thats rather tempting for any postal worker to get the knife out.

Back to top Go down
burnsy
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
burnsy

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Jeez Jay if that's your first you're a lucky man.

I get stung all thr bloody time, I got one today for £24.42!

They are getting really hot on this at the mo.
I always ask the seller to put a reduced value on the customs form which most are more than willing to do.
But even if they put a low value they still sting you for a small charge but then put a handling fee of around £15 on it.

GITS!!!

Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:35 pm

I was told that declaring it as a "Gift" is a way to avoid customs? I have only been stung once, years ago! since then i always ask for it to be marked as a gift.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Jay, unlucky, but you've done well to avoid this for 7 years mate lol.
I heard that customs only usually bother with items over £40 - but don't know how true this is???
I've ordered lots of items from US (all under£40) and so far have been ok.
Jay, maybe you're gonna be ok for another 7 years now Smile

Wouter, awesome inflatable! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:42 pm

Del + Andy i would have been sick in the stomach paying those types of amounts as well!

Paul i hope i get another 7 years without been hit but i have heard they are cracking down Sad

Well a coughed up and finally landed the MOC i have wanted for quite a while!

Its a ROTJ 48k IG88 MOC with a Clear Bubble!

A big thanks to Joetext for selling me this Smile

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! Rotj_i11

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, I've been stung many (many) times too. The highest I think was €85. Nowadays I always ask the seller to mark the customs value down. $50 or lower seems to do the trick over here.

(Nice MOC Jay)
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Sweet n Clean IG-88 Jay.. good work dude! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:07 pm

The bastards have collared me again Evil or Very Mad

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! SAM_0550

If its the item im thinking of it only cost $30! I thought customs only applied to items that are valued £40 or higher!

Anyway i got to go pay and collect it tomorrow so ill be asking them.

Jay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!   I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I guess it happens to the best of us :( God dam Custom Charges!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next