The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Empty
PostSubject: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 7:29 pm

I recently upgraded my set of this, so here is my second copy for sale. This is still one of the best ways to view the original unaltered trilogy and also includes many extras that have never shown up on the VHS and DVD sets. It includes the original case to hold the discs, but it does show some scuffing/wear including a little rip on the spine and some marks on the back which could possibly be cleaned up. The set itself includes all the discs and supplemental booklet with the chapter guide. It is however missing the George Lucas Creative Impulsive Book that came with the set. The discs themselves are in great condition and play great without any skips, etc.

I'm asking what I paid for this, which was $25 at a local thrift store. Looking at other auctions, shipping should be about $6 via media mail. If you want a faster shipping method I can look into that. Overseas shipping will be pretty expansive as the set is very heavy.

The last picture shows a page from the booklet showing just the extras included for A New Hope. It is well worth getting a laserdisc player just to watch this set.

Any questions please ask.

Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Ld110
Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Ld210
Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Ld310
Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Ld410
Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set Ld510
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Bloody hell dude, never seen a movie on one of those, kinda skipped that generation. Any good?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:20 pm

tigerham wrote:
Bloody hell dude, never seen a movie on one of those, kinda skipped that generation. Any good?

In the 80's and 90's, if you were a movie buff, than laserdisc is where it was at. Compared to video cassette the quality is amazing and really DVDs didn't quite catch up until the last few years. The main problem in why they didn't ever go mainstream was the price. This set originally retailed for about $300 and your average movie was around $100. A lot of the feature common on DVDs were introduced first on laserdiscs like, deleted scenes, trailers, audio commentaries, etc.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 pm

Ooof, pricey and also the size I guess was an issue too!
Back to top Go down
Jetson
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Jetson

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 11:47 pm

I will second Shawn's feelings about watching these movies on laser disc. They are an awesome way to view the movies as the quality is great. The only negative for me is the flipping of the discs to the other side as the movie progresses, four sides per movie. Still, watching ANH on laser disc with my big screen TV is oddly still great for me and has started to be a once per year tradition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.saratogarenter.com
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 pm

One little bump before I move this over to RS. Anyone interested?
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:24 pm

hey shawn i'm interested for sure, but erm... is time an issue here? :s
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 pm

How much would shipping be to the UK?
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:43 pm

march wrote:
How much would shipping be to the UK?

I'm not sure of exact shipping, but with the size/weight of this I'm going to guess it would be around the $50 range. If your still interested let me know and I'll get an exact quote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set   Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definitive Edition Laserdisc Set

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1