The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Car Boot Sales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 am

After reading Jay's post about car boot sales, i thought i would go along and see if there where any vintage SW there and to my amazement, i found a box of figures £1 each, i only picked up 4, Stormtrooper, AT AT Commander, ATST Driver and Luke X wing, i did come away thinking, should i have brought the rest?

Anyway,it got me thinking and i remember hearing stories of people finding Yak Faces for 50p!! Shocked

Has anyone hear gone to a car boot sale and found any vintage SW at bargin prices?
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:03 am

Best i ever did was 50p for a pop up r2
with no saber or sticker. He got a repro sticker and saber
and sold on ebay for 20 quid.

I get a rush out of seeing any vintage on car boot
sales, even the odd chewed and spat out by a dog Klaatu Smile

Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:14 am

I too get that buzz,the guy also has a beat up Falcon carcus £3 tbh i wish i picked up more figures than i did! oh well maybe next week
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 4:18 pm

I have picked up quite a few figures over the years when I used to do car boots with a friend who did it for a living. Nothing fantastic and they always had no weapons or accessories. However the friend in question had a nice set which included 2 yac faces, hans solo carbonate, blue snag (Turned out to be repro!) and lots of other complete figures which where all finds for £0.50 to £1. But that was ages ago before the new films came out. They where not as popular then. Now kids tend to buy them again because of the poularity of the new films.

Back to top Go down
geordie
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
geordie

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Carl,

ive been to the same boot sale as Lee and Jay, ive picked up a couple of vintage there, got a small head han in great nick for a quid and a chewie for the same price,

on the other hand there was a lad there selling a couple of star wars hardbacks, guides to the films, nothing special £15 each he wanted, also had an old pc game wanted £20 for that,

dont think he sold much that day Car Boot Sales Lol

Andy
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:48 pm

I live a few streets away from the stadium yet I still havent been. I saw Jays post which said he was going to be there today and that was at 1.40. I was gutted as I wanted to go and see Jay. You can get a bargain but in my experience you never get complete figures.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 4:52 am

Hi Carl,
I used to go regularly on Sundays to the Birmingham car boot at the Wholesale markets - most times there'd
be a little bit of vintage - but back in June this year I had a brilliant haul of vintage figures and a Staffordshire Potteries
mug - all for just 21 quid!!
I was very lucky on this day Cool

Pic -

Car Boot Sales Carboo10

There was plenty of other times, though, where I just found modern SW. For me I love trawling about car boots and
charity shops too! I will also try and find the pic of the mint landspeeder I found in charity shop for 99p!

Cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:23 am

All in all I made £230 after costs in 3 hours and managed to shift a lot of POTJ POTF2 and ATOC beater MOC's that quite frankly were just taking up space Smile

I have a good deal more modern to sell including VOTC VSTC and more as well as loose vintage beaters, loose vintage complete variants, lots of vintage card backs and another 2 Vintage MOC's so I’m going to save these for my next car boot in 3 weeks time then put the money into my Xmas pot Smile

I’m still waiting on 2 Vintage MOC's in the post once them babies arrive I am going to crack on with redecorating and setting up my collection room Smile

Boot sales are great fun in the last month me and Lou purchased a BT Stratus Line Mobile Phone mint boxed for 5gbp (retail 80gbp) and a Morphy Richards Espresso Maker mint unused for 4gbp Retail (120gbp).

The only SW stuff I picked up myself lately MISB Snap kit Model Y - Wing for 4gbp still one of my favourite ships and I can’t wait to build it Smile

To our non UK members do you have Car Boot Sales? If not what do you have I’ve heard the term Yard Sale in the USA is that where you sell from your drive / home?

Ill try and add some pictures to this thread from yesterday Smile

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:09 am

Heres a picture of my Carboot Stall from Yesterday before it opened to buyers Smile

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT6

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT1

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT2

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT3

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT4

Car Boot Sales CARBOOT5

Here are some over view pictures of typical Car Boot Sales

Car Boot Sales CARBOOTOVERVIEW2

Car Boot Sales CARBOOTOVERVIEW1

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:23 am

We call them swap meets. Looks the same here. Sometimes they're in underground carpark lots at major shopping centers on Sunday. I haven't been to one in a while.
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:09 am

AHHHHHHHH!! Can someone please let me know when the next carbootsael in London or Surrey is... I never know when the fookers are!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:22 am

Jay that was a cute collection of purses you had for sale there!!!!

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 am

Or should I say "murses"!!!!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:30 am

We have a few types.

Flea Market - This is the best comparison to your car boot. Bunch of people set up makeshift selling areas. Can be in a parking lot, fields, etc.. We have an enormous one located at a former airfield.

Garage Sale / Yard Sale - Literally held in the garage or on your yard. Sometime a few families will do it together to increase foot traffic and call it a "multi-family yard sale"

Swap Meet - As it sounds. Trade your crap for other people's crap LOL

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:16 am

Jay did you ever advertiste the Tri Nikto for sale? seems to good for a car boot sale Shocked
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 am

Those are some great pictures Jay to give us an idea of what a Car Boot Sale is like. It looks like loads of fun going through trying to find vintage treasures.

Here's one of the best pictures I could find of a garage/yard sale.

Car Boot Sales Garage+sale

and my best find from a couple years ago now. I got the lot for $6. It was a family that hoarded all sorts of stuff with the plans to open an ebay store. They never opened the store and decided to just get rid of everything as it was consuming their home. I found it strange that they didn't really have any figures except the guard. While cleaning up the X-Wing I found a green saber for one of my Luke Jedis. Smile

Car Boot Sales Yardsale1
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:53 am

Great find shawn! I love the white tie fighter!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Not bad at all!!!

They even look in half way decent shape!!!
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 am

I went to one today and i found a boxed (palitoy) millenium Falcon, the only things are missing is the flase floor and trainging ball, also the ramp clips are broke, but apart from that its not bad! i will get pics up in a bit.

The guy also had a MISB die cast stardestroyer, falcon and Y wing!! how much are these worth?
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Car Boot Sales P120910_15320001

Car Boot Sales P120910_15310001
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:05 pm

Nice one Carl! The falcon looks to be in pretty good shape.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:56 pm

yeah! i am pretty happy with it, but i dont know if i should keep it, i dont have a boxed flacon, but i dont really have the room for it either Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Car Boot Sales Empty
PostSubject: Re: Car Boot Sales   Car Boot Sales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car Boot Sales

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1