The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Falcon repro stickers...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

Falcon repro stickers... Empty
PostSubject: Falcon repro stickers...   Falcon repro stickers... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:37 am

Just go this Falcon and it's in lovely condition but the stickers look a little strange. They're different in colour to the last couple I've had and if you look very closely some of the edges look like they might have been scissor cut (but not sure...it's very marginal.)

I'm wondering if it's possible it's because they're Palitoy and the last couple of Falcons I've had were Kenner, or whether they're just repro stickers? As always, any help is hugely appreciated!

Best Wishes,

-J

Falcon repro stickers... Mcdich

Falcon repro stickers... 35it1sp

Falcon repro stickers... 2ewdqns

Falcon repro stickers... 8z1hrb
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Falcon repro stickers...   Falcon repro stickers... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:55 am

they look good to me....but its very difficult to tell from these pics...and Im no expert on stickers on ships Wink

I only know one thing to test:

original stickers will get brittle and breaking on the surface when trying them to pull of [without any help from certain methods I dont want to tell here Wink ]

repros dont!

So this is also not a real help...better leave them on the ship and wait for the experts!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Falcon repro stickers...   Falcon repro stickers... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am

Well like Wolff, I can't say 100% but they look "ok" to me. Where did you get the falcon from? Do you think the seller had access to
repro stickers? (childhood collections = no / Ebay = Yes ! lol)
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: Falcon repro stickers...   Falcon repro stickers... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks guys. I did get it from ebay. There's nothing suspicious about the seller I bought it from. It was hugely underpriced for one thing, I just don't know where they got it from. It's in such good condition that the stickers almost look suspiciously good lol.

The thing that actually caught my attention was the six stickers on the main canopy cover. On the last couple of Falcons I've had they were a much lighter more silvery grey. I wondered if that was just a Kenner/Palitoy thing like with snowspeeders?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falcon repro stickers...   Falcon repro stickers... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falcon repro stickers...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1