The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? Empty
PostSubject: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:38 am

Guys I was thinking about getting this for my Luke Jedi collection and our Luke Jedi T.I.G guide - if it is Legit.

At the moment though, my experience on Top Toys is non-existent.

Can any lads out there give their opinion?

The card is resealed, but is the Figure a Top Toys? And what weapons variations are supposed to come with this fella?

I remember Jay having a Top Toys gun but what sabre type came with the figure?

Any idea on prices for this type of piece?

Here’s the lInk:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAR-WARS-luke-skywalker-jedi-top-toys-box-/260659379405?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb0827ccd

Any help (if you have time) would be greatly appreciated!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 am

I think Chris was talking about one in chat. And from memory the gun & sabre are worth more than that each Shocked And LJ is one of the rarest (like yoda) ?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 am

Hi Craig im not sure of that Auction at the moment

Heres what i can see from the pictures -

The cape looks right at least the colour seems to be close ups of the material would confirm.

I cant see the blaster in any of the pictures but a genuine TT Luke Jedi Blaster looks like this -

Looking at the auction is the blaster even in there???????

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? Tt_pal10

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? Tt_pal11

The lightsaber could be genuine again the colour seems right (lime green) but its very hard to tell with those auction pictures

Heres a picture of the genuine saber -

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? Ls_gre10

Proceed with caution is my advice i have already noticed this auction and asked for close up pictures from the seller i will let people know here if he provides them.

I have talked to a few people about this auction already if it turns out to be genuine then expect to see a pretty crazy bidding war!

(Im helping out on the authenticity for people via PM's and as the link has now been posted on the forum im happy to help out on this thread as well but im not actually going to be bidding myself)

Cheers Jay

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 am

Just to add going from the pictures the Cardback certainly seems genuine and the bubble probably is as well.

To answer the question of price its a hard one this figures is as rare as hens teeth both loose complete and MOC its makes a Lili Ledy Luke Jedi look relatively common i think Tom Derby has only handled 2 genuine TT Luke Jedi MOC's in 20 years so taking all those factors into account plus the cost of the TT Luke Jedi accessories loose on thier own if this item is confirmed as complete and genuine i wouldnt be suprised to see the price rise over $1000.

I hope that helps Smile

If i here back from the seller ill update this thread.

Cheers Jay

Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:02 am

Aussie & Jay:

Thanks Guys!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

For me it looks like described:

reseal...but evrything looks legit!

Wow...I never saw a luke MOC.....a few Yodas...but a Luke: never!

And there is many people out there with a near complete TT MOC run waiting to complete the set with this last piece!

I wouldnt wonder if it goes beyond 2000 USD!

On the other hand its a reseal...and its niot good resealed!

(TT blisters are known to fell of....I know someone who boughta Yoda....It arrived with the blister off....damn TT blisters!)

Wolff

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:26 am

here is another one:

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? 2633115480068165688S600x600Q85

collection from Kenneth_B....so his Luke also fell off!

source:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=vintagedisplay&Number=3705028&Forum=f102&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3704441&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=8373&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post3705028
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:28 am

Cheers Wolf!

It will be great to see what interest this piece gets in the end, even if none of us TIG folk win it.

Why was such a popular character not widely available as a Top Toys release? Did Top Toys shut down during the ROTJ era or were there other reasons? Does anyone have links on the Top Toys factory and the realeases it produced.

Jay: when I eventually complete the Luke Jedi Limelight guide can I have an honnoury title above my Avatar as "Maestro Jedi" ? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:46 am

That`s an awesome action figure!!..... a TT LUke Jedi .....

I agree with JAY....."its makes a Lili Ledy Luke Jedi look relatively common "

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:29 am

Did you manage to get it Craig?

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:35 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

Did you manage to get it Craig?

I hope Craig did. It sold for the opening bid Shocked
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:52 am

No lads it wasn't me ... After reading everyones predictions on the price, I thought I couldn't afford it so didn't stay-up to bid on it.

Feel sick now as only one person bid in the early hours of this morning.

Did you see that the seller put new pics up too? The Gun was there all along. I going regret not bidding for a long time.

I was talking to shawn about I wonder if he sniped a shot at it or maybe Bob? Guys were you (unbelievably) lucky?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:55 am

Craig T wrote:
No lads it wasn't me ... After reading everyones predictions on the price, I thought I couldn't afford it so didn't stay-up to bid on it.

Feel sick now as only one person bid in the early hours of this morning.

Did you see that the seller put new pics up too? The Gun was there all along. I going regret not bidding for a long time.

I was talking to shawn about I wonder if he sniped a shot at it or maybe Bob? Guys were you (unbelievably) lucky?

Im really gutted actually i had a snipe bid of 850$ and for some reason my snipe program didnt put it through head bang

I was hoping against hop that some else here won it?

TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:19 am

Sorry to hear Craig (and Jay).

Well maybe get some comfort from the idea that the max bid of the winning bidder (not me BTW) might have been very high too.

Cheers,

Last edited by Dr Dengar on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:24 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

l get some comfort from the idea that the max bid of the winning bidder might have been very high too.

Yes, because even as a loose variant figure that was a bargain Sad
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:26 am

Okay....I will be probably off for a few days because of this!

Short story....I didnt bid because Jay was higher with his bid...my my maximum was 700! So I satyed away!

Im totally destroyed!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:40 am

wbobafett wrote:
Okay....I will be probably off for a few days because of this!

Short story....I didnt bid because Jay was higher with his bid...my my maximum was 700! So I satyed away!

Im totally destroyed!

Wolff

Im sick to my stomach i used auctionstealer to set a 850$ snipe and for some fucked up reason it didnt do it Sad

Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 am

How did you know how much everyone was bidding Wolff? Did I miss out on a chat on this? It would of been nice to learn some stuff about this piece as my knowledge is weak on the TT figures.

Last edited by Craig T on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:45 am

Craig T wrote:
How did you know how how everyone was bidding Wolff? Did I miss out on a chat on this? It would of been nice to learn some stuff about this piece as my knowledge is weak on the TT figures.

It was discussed in this thread and chat at some stage Craig the saber cape and figure look real the gun is also there and probably real as well Sad

I fully expected it to go for 1000$+ tbh but i could only afford 850$ at a push even winning it at that price would have been a dam good deal the fact sniper software let me down and the item sold for peanuts has knocked me physically sick.

Jay

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:46 am

Im hoping someone we know i.e a TIG member won it that would soften the blow a little bit.

Alfonso did you land it?

TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

F*ck i requested more pic's from him as i could not see the gun (wich he provided) everything looked OK and i totally forgot to set my snipe... :pale:

Can't believe this thing only sold for the opening price, i was willing to pay that just to have the loose complete figure, and then you could even recoup some cash by selling the cardback with bubble.

Oh man, this makes me sick, i at least hope one off you guys got it.

Last edited by Stargeezer on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:51 am

Guys it just occured to me that the owner of this piece would probally know exactly what he is selling.

I wander if he has a close friend who has placed an "insurance bid" on his item (maybe $1000 maximum or something).

Just becuase the bidder won it at $300 it doesn't mean that was his max.

I will be interesting to see if the seller relists this piece at some stage in the future. I have seen it happen last year with a Ledy Luke Jedi cut card. so maybe it will happen again.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:59 am

jaymassive619 wrote:
......... has knocked me physically sick.Jay

Me too Jay.....

the problem here is I would have bidden 5 hours before...when I went to bed.....so at least noone had this kind of bargain!

throw up
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:06 am

Yikes guys what a mess.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 am

wbobafett wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:
......... has knocked me physically sick.Jay

Me too Jay.....

throw up
similar to holding a Nien Numb with NN offer and not taking it home tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?   Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Toys Luke Jedi is on sale... can a few lads help me with some questions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next