The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory Empty
PostSubject: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Seems like most of us were younglings when the original line of Kenner Star Wars toys were released in the late 70s early 80s. What kind of memories do you have of playing and collecting Star Wars stuff????

I was on only child, a spoiled one at that!!! I look back at all my old birthday and christmas pictures when I was 2, 3, 4 years old and I see myself opening all of these Star Wars action figures, vehicles, and play sets!!!! I wish I had a time machine so I can go back and tell myself to keep them in good condition, dont loose the weapons, or just keep them in the package!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But then again.... .if i did that, I probably wouldnt have enjoyed them so much and wouldnt have become such a fan that I am today!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:14 pm

coachk28 wrote:
Seems like most of us were younglings when the original line of Kenner Star Wars toys were released in the late 70s early 80s. What kind of memories do you have of playing and collecting Star Wars stuff????

I was on only child, a spoiled one at that!!! I look back at all my old birthday and christmas pictures when I was 2, 3, 4 years old and I see myself opening all of these Star Wars action figures, vehicles, and play sets!!!! I wish I had a time machine so I can go back and tell myself to keep them in good condition, dont loose the weapons, or just keep them in the package!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But then again.... .if i did that, I probably wouldnt have enjoyed them so much and wouldnt have become such a fan that I am today!!!!

You should share the pics on the forum childhood pics rock only one of mine surived Sad
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Ive got to raid my parents photo albums!!!

I know ive got some good ones!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 am

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

I remember killing off my snowspeeder by sending its crashing down the stairs (My mum and Dad have an old house where the stairs are like a cliff face!)

I also remember making parachutes for my figures and dropping them from the bedroom window. I was a twat for using red ink as blood and giving the figures bloody battle bandages using tissue paper. One year i attached a figure to a banger firework and blue it up :cool laugh:

Jay
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:29 am

My fondest memories are having what I thought was a Boba Fett rocket firing figure! I still believe I did have one but im told at best it will be a lili ledy figure with removable rocket. I definatly remember the rocket coming out and im almost certain it fired as I fired it at my dad. But it wasnt a home made job and it will have been bought. Only problem is I have no proof at all!!

Long story cut short my mam put my figures down on the floor whilst I got in the car and drove off without them and that was one of the figures in the bag!! so sadly no evidence!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 6:14 am

I was chasing women when you lot were playing with your toys hahaha
Back to top Go down
Hyver
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Hyver

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 1:08 pm

in shoirt: that smell of the tripod cannon
Back to top Go down
http://www.hyverkanda.be
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Cobra_UK wrote:
I was chasing women when you lot were playing with your toys hahaha

Yeah, women that looked like Ewoks.
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:59 pm

The best memory I have is haggling with a guy for his ewok village, Y-Wing, Millenium Falcon and loose figures back when my bicycle had training wheels. The poor chap and my mother got so sick of me hanging around the guys stuff for so long they both struck a deal and I took the lot! That was my first lot of Star Wars gear, I was a little too young for first hand stuff but the echo of ROTJ could still be heard in the video shop when I was a nipper. The first film I saw was ROTJ and so Jabba, Leia (Boushh), Jedi Luke and the speeder bike were my favourites. Laughing
Back to top Go down
chazgreentooth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
chazgreentooth

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:52 am

Ronniebiggs wrote:
My fondest memories are having what I thought was a Boba Fett rocket firing figure! I still believe I did have one but im told at best it will be a lili ledy figure with removable rocket. I definatly remember the rocket coming out and im almost certain it fired as I fired it at my dad. But it wasnt a home made job and it will have been bought. Only problem is I have no proof at all!!

Long story cut short my mam put my figures down on the floor whilst I got in the car and drove off without them and that was one of the figures in the bag!! so sadly no evidence!

I did see a vintage custom job on the Boba Fett figure, he was sold in a little box. I think at some point back when they were still being sold people were perhaps selling custom rocket firing Fetts? I am pretty certain I saw it on an eBay auction, I am not talking about the mass produced ones recently made either.
Back to top Go down
Ronniebiggs
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Ronniebiggs

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:16 am

I doubt my dad or mam would have bought a custom figure. We used to get them from the same toy shop in Northalleton. My dad didnt modify the figure either. But I always remember it firing the rocket as I used to fire it as at my dad. Who knows where it came from! I dont and my dad is 25 years older and he doesnt remember :S
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 am

Mine would have to be my Mythbuster days, I wanted to see how high a figure could fly. So I took all my figures, put them in a metal box with gas. Oh they flew alright, the field behind the house almost did too. Luckily we put it out fast enough. All that was left was a big pile of goo with a few arms reaching and legs streched out. So glad there were no DT's in the bunch. By that time they were weapon and accessory less. Other than that, getting up one Christmas morning and opening Lando, Snowtrooper, Yoda, and the Imperial Attack Base. I loved that playset.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

My fondest memory was that i always wanted Darth Vaders TIE Fighter & never got one.I asked my dad to get me one for christmas & he couldn't find one anywhere so i ended up with a battle damaged X Wing instead! Rolling Eyes I have just treated myself to MIB one to make up for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phase3
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit
phase3

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 4:26 pm

I have very fond memories of playing with the toys and collecting the Topps SW cards and looking at the fantastic movie posters used in the cinemas from 1980 - 1985.

With the toys, I played with the Micro Collection Falcon, TIE and Snowspeeder frequently (they all sustained heavy "battle damage" as a result haha!)
The small amount of figures I had (around 15 or so) all were played with heavily and thoroughly enjoyed!

I still remember going into stores here in Sydney (like Waltons if anyone is reading this from Australia) and seeing Imperial Shuttles, Millennium Falcons, Speeder Bikes etc. It was so exciting to see this stuff on the shelves Very Happy

Overall, the best memory was being so excited when my Mum would bring home some new SW item, whether it be a pack of Topps or Scanlens SW cards, Presto Magix ROTJ transfers, the ROTJ 7" vinyl & story book, or a Luke Jedi figure -- it was all fantastic to me!

Cheers,
Rob.
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:41 am

phase3 wrote:
I have very fond memories of playing with the toys and collecting the Topps SW cards and looking at the fantastic movie posters used in the cinemas from 1980 - 1985.
Cheers,
Rob.

Me too, i loved my figs & my Topps cards too. I had complete sets of the Star Wars & ESB cards.
I might get some more soon.
I wanna experience THAT smell again.
OMG THAT smell. I'm in!! thinking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory   Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fondest Vintage Star Wars Toy Memory

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1