The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Re New prototype book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

Re New prototype book Empty
PostSubject: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:39 am

R
Hi all does anyone know if this is available anywhere in the UK yet ?
thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
Carl Waterworth
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Carl Waterworth

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 am

Good question! I wouldnt mind this myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm not sure if it is or not. However, I know on RS some of the UK guys were getting together to order the book and split up shipping costs.

Here's the website so you can check it out: Prototype Book

I can personally attest to this book being a MUST have! Especially if you are even thinking about entering the prototype arena. It's also a great source for some incredible knowledge. Just an over all great reference piece!
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Thanks a lot Chris...maybe those UK guys on TIG that are interested may want to do something similar ???

Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:31 pm

It works out to just under 60 pounds each (if you go halves). Just be warned they don't pack the books very well and are likely to get a few dings in the long trip.
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Chris
As I am in Vegas in October maybe I could get it shipped to the Hotel.....by the way any VSW stores you know of there ?
Tony
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 pm

aussiejames wrote:
It works out to just under 60 pounds each (if you go halves). Just be warned they don't pack the books very well and are likely to get a few dings in the long trip.

I would definitely recommend going that route if there's anyone else interested. Like I said, it's a very good, well written book. But the photos alone are worth the cover price. I'm not even half way through mine yet. It's quite hefty too. Smile
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

Even with the high shipping price, I cannot recommend this book enough. There is just so much great info and items shown throughout the entire thing. It is by far one of my favorite books in my collecting library.

HothTony wrote:
Chris
As I am in Vegas in October maybe I could get it shipped to the Hotel.....by the way any VSW stores you know of there ?
Tony

What time in October? I am probably going through Vegas in the 2nd week of October, so it could be possible for me to drop it off.

Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi Shawn
Many thanks for the offer but I am only there from Sunday 3rd for about 3/4 days....I was hoping it might be possible to catch up with Chris and he mentioned maybe you as well but I dont think its possible !!
Tony
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 am

I got mine today. After a quick flip through I'm happy I got it. Big pictures & lots of Ewok stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Re New prototype book   Re New prototype book I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Re New prototype book

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1