The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Use Account

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Empty
PostSubject: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:25 am

Hi Guys

I thought it would be cool to have some threads that looks at some of the figures and versions / sculpts of the released figures that were never released Smile

I thought i would kick this off with Gargan Smile

To read more about this figure check out the awesome page on theswca.com -

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48118

Here is the picture of the original wax sculpts (taken from theswca.com) to see more please click the link above

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Gargan10

I also have this picture stored on my P.C for a number of years now it was part of a huge pre-production find a number of years ago now if anybody knows more specific information regarding this piece then feel free to chip in Smile

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Web10

Finally Ryan from RS made some fantastic customs of the vintage Star Wars Gargan figure (pictured below). If anyone has attempted a custom of this figure or is thinking of doing so i would love to see / hear about it Smile

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Rsyarn10

Cheers Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:45 am

"Lucasfilm wasn't too thrilled with the idea of an action figure of an alien prostitute .." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:36 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

Finally Ryan from RS made some fantastic customs of the vintage Star Wars Gargan figure (pictured below). If anyone has attempted a custom of this figure or is thinking of doing so i would love to see / hear about it Smile

Cheers Jay

Nice thread Jay,

I have one custom MOC made by Martin Lacy.

If Kenner would have released her in the 80s I guess I would have bought her as my Rancor Keeper continuously kept talking he wanted to date here so eagerly.

BTW: I guess that Gargan race must produce a lot of offspring each time.

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  P100807_202516
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
sacko
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
sacko

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Cheers Jay

If Kenner would have released her in the 80s I guess I would have bought her as my Rancor Keeper continuously kept talking he wanted to date here so eagerly.

LOL Smile

Last edited by sacko on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
jaymassive619 wrote:

Cheers Jay

Nice thread Jay,

I have one custom MOC made by Martin Lacy.

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  P100807_202516

wasnt this the custom Ryan and others on Rs were very mad about???

I remember a guy using the customs from Ryan to make his own ones (making molds from the "original" Wink )and selling them on custom cards.

I have an original from Ryan! (anybody need some pics Very Happy)

I saw one on ebay once (years ago). It left for 200 USD! Shocked

Okay the original also wasnt cheap Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  P100807_202516[/quote]

That is a classic picture. Lmao.
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:25 pm

Great idea Jay.

One other thing I would like to add is the:

Gargan Preliminary Coin Art.

I think it is pretty safe to say that had she been approved, that she would have been released on a POTF card in the U.S. . There are also some repros out there of the coin too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 am

wbobafett wrote:

I remember a guy using the customs from Ryan to make his own ones (making molds from the "original" Wink )and selling them on custom cards.

I have an original from Ryan! (anybody need some pics Very Happy)

I saw one on ebay once (years ago). It left for 200 USD! Shocked

Okay the original also wasnt cheap Wink

Wolff

Come on Wolff sort the pictures!!!

200USD that crazy still its not that much more that the price some Vlix customs have sold at!

Marco that custom MOC is cool is the figures face beaten up a bit or is it just reflection on the bubble?

Jay
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

Marco that custom MOC is cool is the figures face beaten up a bit or is it just reflection on the bubble?

Jay

I would say its a poor customjob from a "Ryans-custom"

I posted mine here:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/vintage-chat-f1/rancor-keeper-meets-gargan-a-story-in-11-pictures-t1550.htm
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 7:47 am

jaymassive619 wrote:

Come on Wolff sort the pictures!!!

200USD that crazy still its not that much more that the price some Vlix customs have sold at!

Jay

Yes Jay, her face is not that pretty, but come one what do u expect from a 4 (or 6?)-brested alien woman?

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:40 pm

she one fugly ugly goblin.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Ready for the next figure?

This one is especially interesting because it is currently up for sale and will be available at C5 for the sum of $15,000!

Original Emperor "Bald head" design

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Emperor-bald-front

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48960

This thing is ugly but its also awesome! I think the sculpting is perfect and they could have had a robe/ hood accessory for the
figure to liven him up a bit not just a walking stick!

And if you are feeling a bit flush contact Jordan for the hardcopy! - http://www.hollywoodheroes.com/prototype-emperor-hardcopy-p-1444.html?osCsid=kbf939of1flatknncf5l4skgc5

What do you guys think of this awesome figure?!
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Oops I jumped the gun Jay sorry, if you want to delete this till you are ready to discuss this figure or make my post a new post feel free!

Didn't realise it was a thread per character Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 2:48 pm

No its cool it may be better to discuss them all in 1 thread together anyway Joe Smile

I have to say that Bald Headed Emperor is outstanding!

I image he would have came with a soft goods robe / cape if released.

Jay
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:

I image he would have came with a soft goods robe / cape if released.

Jay

That has always been my assumption as well. It would be great to see a custom of this figure with robes to get an idea of how that would have looked.

Here's my addition.

Original Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight Figure Design

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Luke-i10
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:55 pm

I love that alternate sculpt Shawn and incidentally , check out the bottom row in this Meccano advert of the upcoming figures!

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  Meccan10

Oh yes! Cool
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Joe_O wrote:
I love that alternate sculpt Shawn and incidentally , check out the bottom row in this Meccano advert of the upcoming figures!

Oh yes! Cool

That is one bit of paperwork that I need to track down one of these days. I think I've seen a custom made too.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:22 pm

shawn_k wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Oh yes! Cool

That is one bit of paperwork that I need to track down one of these days. I think I've seen a custom made too.

Here you go, a Meccano Luke Jedi based upon the original prototype.

One of my favourite customs!!

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  P100809_201843
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:54 pm

Dr Dengar wrote:
shawn_k wrote:
Joe_O wrote:

Oh yes! Cool

Here you go, a Meccano Luke Jedi based upon the original prototype.

One of my favourite customs!!

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  P100809_201843

Thats awesome Marco i would love one of them!!

I loved the Luke Jedi Robes prototype its a shame it didnt make it to production Sad
Back to top Go down
Adam Burges
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Adam Burges

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 am

I've always loved that Luke in Robes figure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!    Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unproduced Vintage Star Wars Figures/ Figure Sculpts!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1