The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! Empty
PostSubject: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

Hi guys

I'm in need of AFA Graded speeder bikes 85-90. I've seen one U90 MOTO JET, very nice but he wants £185 shipped for it... is this a good price or way over the odds?

Thanks

Ham
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:47 pm

[quote="tigerham"]Hi guys

I'm in need of AFA Graded speeder bikes 85-90. I've seen one U90 MOTO JET, very nice but he wants £185 shipped for it... is this a good price or way over the odds?

Thanks

Ham[/quo

Hi Ham i think a lot of the price reflects the 90 grade (you dont see many 90's) there can be a big price different between and 85 and a 90 as well as people can be sucked into collecting the numbers when in reality the difference in condition is minimal.

Would you buy an ungraded example if it came up? I would imagine a C9+ MISB costing less than 100gbp

Also are you only looking for MISB i.e sealed examples?

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Jay, thanks for the info dude. Yeah, only after MISB and graded as getting them graded myself was a real hassle and had to wait 3 months for the bloody things to come back head bang

As a kid when I got one (figure or vehicle) I viewed for a while, then ripped the fucker open lol but no regrets as loved playing with them at the time. But now I want the memories but locked up safely and nicely in acrylic casing and the grading is for my personal benefit and to show that it's genuine.

So any ideas on what I should be paying for an 85 or 90 MOTO JET? Don't care about the U graded particulally tho does show that it's pretty mint and never had grubby kids hands all over it Razz

Have to add that totally against U graded figures as thats completely different... shorting the supply for real collectors etc etc! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:06 pm

tigerham wrote:
Hi Jay, thanks for the info dude. Yeah, only after MISB and graded as getting them graded myself was a real hassle and had to wait 3 months for the bloody things to come back head bang

As a kid when I got one (figure or vehicle) I viewed for a while, then ripped the fucker open lol but no regrets as loved playing with them at the time. But now I want the memories but locked up safely and nicely in acrylic casing and the grading is for my personal benefit and to show that it's genuine.

So any ideas on what I should be paying for an 85 or 90 MOTO JET? Don't care about the U graded particulally tho does show that it's pretty mint and never had grubby kids hands all over it Razz

Have to add that totally against U graded figures as thats completely different... shorting the supply for real collectors etc etc! Evil or Very Mad

I would say that price reflects the mark up a 90 grade would achieve at the same time its bloody exspensive to send items to the afa from the uk it would probably cost 50 - 60gbp to get one graded so i would factor that in as well.

A U Grade speeder would be U graded loose after the afa take it out of a misb. unless the MISB came from a sealed shipping container (very unlikely) then the misb item would get a U.

Jay
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Yeah the guy states that it came from a sealed container... here's the AFA break down

Serial Number: 17318057
Date Graded: Oct 02, 2007
Grade U90
(Sub grades are not available for this item)
Year: 1983
Company: PALITOY / PBP
Series: STAR WARS
Title: ROTJ BI-LOGO
Name: SPEEDER BIKE (MOTO JET)
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:12 pm

ham , what are you looking for a bi-logo boxed one that has the printed text in multiplu languages

or specificly the pbp that has the white sticker on it that says MOTO JET

because the pbp one is much rarer and harder to find

and iam sure this one is more expencive

about afa , wel if paying way over the top for a grade is worth not waithing 3 monthes for it then oke

but its not something i would do , you could buy 4 or 5 variations of the boxed speederbike with that money
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Hey Jimster, yeah its the PBP one and yeah I would pay the extra to save the hasstle of sending and waiting but how much extra is the question.

Just need to know, if anyone can help, is to what price should I be looking at? Also what price would I be looking at for this one in question, Straight out of a sealed container which had 4 boxes in and graded U90?

Much appreciated and thanks Jimmy Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

tigerham wrote:
Hey Jimster, yeah its the PBP one and yeah I would pay the extra to save the hasstle of sending and waiting but how much extra is the question.

Just need to know, if anyone can help, is to what price should I be looking at? Also what price would I be looking at for this one in question, Straight out of a sealed container which had 4 boxes in and graded U90?

Much appreciated and thanks Jimmy Wink

hmm , are you sure about this story , i thought they came in boxes of 12
check my limelight i have one of those boxes

but if its the one with the white sticker on it , no color damage or tears to the box
and misb, then probebly 100 euro , thats what i have been offerd for mine wich i only paid ten euro for

btw do you know that afa , opens these sealed boxes before they grade them , to make sure every thing is accounted for :scratch:

just some food for thought

Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:35 pm

just to be sure is it the upper one or lower

notice how they both say motojet except one has a big white sticker

WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! DSC_0097-1
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Yup def the lower one with printed MOTO JET on it.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641480484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Btw if AFA open the MISB's then how the hell do they put the tape back again and how do they open them without a tearmark in sight?
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Btw Jimmy is that tri-logo Scouty the rounded corners one or indented corners?
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 pm

tigerham wrote:
Yup def the lower one with printed MOTO JET on it.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260641480484&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Btw if AFA open the MISB's then how the hell do they put the tape back again and how do they open them without a tearmark in sight?

well then its the usual european version , the one with the sticker on it is the pbp and came only out in spain with that sticker

so then its not the 100 euro one i was talking about more like the 50 usd tops one ( just be patient )

about afa , i guess they cut it open rather then tearing it of , if they seal them up again i have no idea

this is actualy more a question for someone who collects afa misb vehicles wich i will never be
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:38 pm

about the tri its the same on i showed you at lfcc and is not for sale lol!
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Ok even tho the U90 one is PBP and from Spain too?

Didn't want ya tri-logo fella jus wondered. Have I got the rarer one or you? Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:57 pm

tigerham wrote:
Ok even tho the U90 one is PBP and from Spain too?

first of all , the u and the 90 arent wurth anything in my opinion , well nothing except that hearing that , it most likly will be in real good condition , money wise , nothing imhpo

and this specific box , was sold all over europe , so wheter you found it in spain is a coinsedence
it would be the same box in my country or any other country

the white sticker was sold only in spain and is considerd the true pbp variant

greets jimmy
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:53 am

Ok thanks dude, well appreciate your info and help... Patience is a word that has never been in my vocubulary but I'm learning the meaning! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:18 am

tigerham wrote:
Yeah the guy states that it came from a sealed container... here's the AFA break down

Serial Number: 17318057
Date Graded: Oct 02, 2007
Grade U90
(Sub grades are not available for this item)
Year: 1983
Company: PALITOY / PBP
Series: STAR WARS
Title: ROTJ BI-LOGO
Name: SPEEDER BIKE (MOTO JET)

Ah that makes it clearer the U Grade is ultimately against the boxed speeder (not the speeder inside the box) as effectively it was boxed inside a sealed shipping container so it was the containers seal that was broken by the AFA to get the U Grade. Therefore the actual boxed speeder is still sealed and never been opened.

When AFA U grade it’s a one way street nothing is resealed so U Grade figures are loose unless the MOC receives a U Grade because the AFA pulled it from a sealed shipping container.

For example if you sent in a MISB Speeder box as it is (i.e. not inside a sealed shipping container) then it would not receive a U Grade when grading.

A further example is if you sent a MIB Speeder where the tape has dried up and fallen off then AFA in that case inspect the contents and if everything was there and correct then they provide the item with a Q (Qualified) Grade.

Here is a quick break down. Note The top item been the most sought after and the last item the least.

AFA U90 MISB Speeder (For AFA Collectors this is the prize it’s a MISB Item that has been U Graded as it came from a rare sealed shipping container)

AFA 90 MISB Speeder - Same as above in terms of condition but it’s not classed as uncirculated as its hasn’t been pulled from a sealed container and was just sent in as MISB - Note AFA Grade the item as it is they don’t tamper with the seal or check the contents.

AFA Q 90 MIB Speeder - This Speeders tape dried off but the AFA have check all the contents inside and then given the item a thumbs up as everything is present and correct hence the Q (Qualification) Grade.

I personally would say £185 is a pretty decent price for a U90 Speeder if AFA is the way you’re going to go then I would pick it up as someone else will!

Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 am

Thanks Jay that helped alot. Hmm what to do Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 6:54 am

Hey Ham good to see you on here Very Happy

As there was so many Biker scout avatars on this thread I thought I would add mine lol!

For what its worth I agree with Jay and think thats a pretty good price for that example

Tony
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:16 am

Cheers Tony, good to see u on here too Wink

Yeah gonna have a think about it and will let you guys know what happens Smile

Btw Tony did you do that drawing of the Scouty? Really good. I do drawings too, see them on my site tigerham.com (obviously, lol)

Did my avatar in Illustrator Wink
Back to top Go down
HothTony
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
HothTony

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:26 am

Ham I picked up my avatar from Google images....not sure why that one as its not a focus of mine but it did look good and so has stuck !!
Had a quick look at your website and some really nice bits ...... whats the score with the custom backs is that something you did as a one off or something that you sell on ebay etc ?

Cheers
Tony
Back to top Go down
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 am

lol! No way, it's a one off for me and my focus jus to see what it would look like if he were on a SW cardback but take requests if anyone wants something similar. Doing a funny for Imperial Nut (Steve) but leave it up to him to show u guys Wink

Like I said to Pete on SW don't agree with re-cards unless for personal use not to sell and make profit. I sell because of my time and they aren't re-cards, they're one off's which were never produced in the first place.

Just having some fun like the others I put on SW.. i.e. the one I did for the misses on a Star Bucks cardback with a coffee cup in the bubble Razz
Back to top Go down
xxGANDALFxx
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
xxGANDALFxx

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:43 pm

I do custom figures that some dont like and some love, each to there own imo Smile I love the palitoy card though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Tech-Models
tigerham
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
tigerham

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Cheers Gandalf! When you say custom figures do you mean you make ya own figures??
Back to top Go down
soren
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
soren

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 am

Hello TIGs

Im new here . Found your forum while searchin for info on a variation Speeder Bike that i have.

You guys seem to be variation experts :-)

The SB im trying to find info about has a all black butten on the back. The color is lighter than the normal SB. I have 5 others to compair it to (Hong Kong ). The SB im talking about is (c) LUCASFILM LTD .(LFL)1983. It has the number 1 under the hood and on the front. And alot of other smal variations on it. Like the metal back end is not black but, metalic brownish.

You guys are talking about a Spanish version with a Motor Jet sticker on the box. I have a box like that. And i was woundering if it is the SB from that box ?

Jimmy you said that that box was ONLY sold in Spain. That is not true. I bougt mine in Denmark where i live.
Back in 1987 the danish toy store chain BR. ( Brothers Rasmusen) Had an fire sale of Star Wars. They sold figurs just under a euro. DDK 5,95 and SB for about 4 euro DDK 19.95.
They had LODS af SW and i think that they bougt a big qunty of SW stuff from a big dealer. That might be why they sold stuff that only was intendet for other markets.

So fellers can you help me out ? Where do my SB come from and what is an sales price ?

And how can i idendefi the SB who belongs to the Mortor Jet box ?

Best regards

Soren

Ps. I have some loose variation figures with and with out weapons that i like to sell. So look out for them in the sales part of the forum. Any one who can recomend a goo free imagehost for that ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!   WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: AFA Graded 85-90 Speeder bikes!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next