The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? Empty
PostSubject: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 am

Hi,

Got one of these in c10 mint condition and was wondering which accessories he should have and his approx value? (I can take photos if it helps?)

I think he should have a blue saber and a snap cape? But he came with a green saber and a stitched cape?

As always, any help greatly appreciated.

Best Wises,

-J

Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 am

Discobob83 wrote:
Hi,

Got one of these in c10 mint condition and was wondering which accessories he should have and his approx value? (I can take photos if it helps?)

I think he should have a blue saber and a snap cape? But he came with a green saber and a stitched cape?

Best Wises,

-J

From my own experience the Molded head Luke should have a green saber, grey palace blaster, and a snap cape. The more common carded version if you would even call it common has the cape folded in a baggie on the card. On mine I can't make out the snap but there is another collector that verified it with two examples that he owned at different times. There is also a version with the cap not folded and with this example you can see the snap.

Here's a closeup of the folded cape on my example.

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? Moldedluke2
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Idefix13
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Idefix13

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:25 am

As far as I know have all Taiwan figures a dark gray (dark gray and very dark gray) blaster and a dark green lightsaber.

Uli
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:29 am

shawn_k wrote:
Discobob83 wrote:
Hi,

Best Wises,

-J

From my own experience the Molded head Luke should have a green saber, grey palace blaster, and a snap cape. The more common carded version if you would even call it common has the cape folded in a baggie on the card. On mine I can't make out the snap but there is another collector that verified it with two examples that he owned at different times. There is also a version with the cap not folded and with this example you can see the snap.

Here's a closeup of the folded cape on my example.

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? Moldedluke2

Hey Shawn,

Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. Very Happy

So he's probably got the right saber but the wrong cape? What's weird is that this is the third molded face Luke Jedi I've had and I haven't owned a single snap cape yet. I assume snap capes only came with the molded face Lukes and so are pretty rare themselves? He's got the grey palace blaster as well.

Hmmm...I just double-checked my capes and they're definitely all stitched, ther are some small variations in texture, colour etc (even hood size) but no stitches dammit. Laughing

It's a shame as he's such a nice example. Feels like he deserves to be complete. I'm half tempted to hold onto him in case I get another one with the right cape but a less pristine figure. Any idea what he's worth complete but with the wrong cape?

-J
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 am

Idefix13 wrote:
As far as I know have all Taiwan figures a dark gray (dark gray and very dark gray) blaster and a dark green lightsaber.

Uli

Hey Uli,

Ahhh...so he has the wrong blaster and saber too. (Light green and light grey) Dammit! Shocked Laughing

That's the thing these days when you buy loose figures, you don't know the chain of ownership or many times accessories have been swapped out. Ah well.

Presumably the figure itself still has some value? Is it better to sell it without accessories rather than selling it with the wrong ones?

-J

P.S. Your figures are on their way to you by the way, probably in Germany by now. I'll pm you the tracking now.
Back to top Go down
Discobob83
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Discobob83

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Here are some photos:

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? 29ngwlk

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? 906ec8

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? 2gxfvyx
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:15 pm

Yours looks to be in pretty good condition.

Here's One that I sold a couple years ago. It had a snap cape, but some of the stitching had come undone and the luke had some paint wear on his hand. From what I remember, I did get my asking $30 price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?   'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Made In Taiwan' Molded Head Luke Jedi - Accessories/Value?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1