The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! Empty
PostSubject: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:34 am

So, I'm sure you guys from the States are aware of all the crazy rainy weather we have had over the past couple of days!!!

The midwest recently got douched with a ton of water!!! Especially Illinois and the Chicagoland area.

Friday night during the storm our power went out, along with 7 other people on our block. When the power went out, both our sump pumps went out and the water began rushing in our basement.

A couple hours later, we had 3 feet of water. Another foot or so higher and the water would have made it onto the first floor.... where we had just finished panting and had new carpet put in a couple days earlier.

Next morning when all the stores opened we went out and got a generator and a water pump... and within a couple of hours all the water was pumped out of our basement.

Thank god there wasn't to much damaged. Looks like well need to get a new furnace as well as a washer and dryer!!!

Oh the joys of being a new homeowner!!! It's been a fun first month in the new house!!!!

I'll post some pics later!!!!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:52 pm

The most important question of course is...
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Sorry to hear that James,i'm glad that there wasn't too much damage done to your house! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 3:40 pm

NOPE!!!! None of my Star Wars stuff was stored down there!!! All my collections are up in my office!!!! Which I need to take some pics of soon!!!
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 am

Ugh! Sorry to hear that James!

As a recent recipient of basement water, I know how you feel man. That sucks about the sump pumps... but it sounds like the generator is a good idea. Especially if it ever happens again.

I'm glad everything is going to be ok. Hopefully there isn't any other hidden damage (or rain Very Happy).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!   3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 Feet of Water in the Basement!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1