The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

oscars cases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:46 am

have a couple of questions about Oscars cases...

Anyone know if they block or protect the figures from UV light? If I put my carded figures in them to display do I still need to make sure they are out of direct sunlight as much as possible?

And has anyone ordered any custom cases from him for displaying loose stuff (figures and/or vehicles). Its hard to know if I want to go down that path without seeing one or two in action Smile

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:11 am

b4nth4 wrote:
have a couple of questions about Oscars cases...

Anyone know if they block or protect the figures from UV light? If I put my carded figures in them to display do I still need to make sure they are out of direct sunlight as much as possible?

And has anyone ordered any custom cases from him for displaying loose stuff (figures and/or vehicles). Its hard to know if I want to go down that path without seeing one or two in action Smile

thanks!

I don't think the cases are UV proctective, even bubbles on MOC's in AFA UV cases tend to discolor. So i think it best to keep them out off direct sunlight.

I haven't bought loose figure cases from Oscar, but i have seen those he makes and the do look like AFA's loose figure cases, but they also have the sliding bottom system.
Back to top Go down
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:15 am

Stargeezer wrote:

I don't think the cases are UV proctective, even bubbles on MOC's in AFA UV cases tend to discolor. So i think it best to keep them out off direct sunlight.

I haven't bought loose figure cases from Oscar, but i have seen those he makes and the do look like AFA's loose figure cases, but they also have the sliding bottom system.

thanks mate. I thought as much with the sunlight, but wanted to be sure. The wall I'm thinking of for display gets a bit of sunlight so might have to rethink...

with the loose figures i meant more of a group display case, rather than individual figure cases (should have used words better Razz) - either a standalone unit or a wall mounted case...
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:50 am

Oscar's cases are truly top notch quality. So if you are looking to get some, don't hesitate. Plus Oscar is one of the nicest guys to deal with.

He can do UV cases, he just doesn't like to. Mostly because of the cost involved with getting UV acrylic. But it's worth talking to him about it. Especially if you have concerns.

He also LOVES to do custom cases. He likes to be challenged with them. And his prices are usually pretty good on those too. It's definitely worth talking to him about. He usually has an idea or two that you never even thought of when it comes to his custom cases. I've had him create three for me.
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Not really answering your question b4nth4,but just to echo what Chris has said they are top quality,and he's a real sound bloke to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

oscars cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: oscars cases   oscars cases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oscars cases

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1