The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post Empty
PostSubject: Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post   Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:20 am

Having had a dispute with Royal Mail i thought it would be best to highlight a few cons with their service (International signed for and Airsure)

these are all terms taken off their site and believe me when i say Paypal will not be on your side if you use this service.

1. "However, we can’t track your International Signed For™️ item all the way to delivery"

2. "Claims can take up to three months to complete because we have to wait for overseas postal administrations to respond to our enquiries" (your screwed with paypal then)

3. "A signature will be taken at the delivery address (please note this will not necessarily be the addressee)"

4. "In the case of loss of an item we will request proof of posting from the other postal administration but this cannot always be provided"

5. "Signature on delivery - Customers can be sure that the item will be delivered only if the recipient signs for it. Valuables may be included if the destination country permits. Please be aware that copy of the signature is not currently part of the service offering"

So basically dont use it, yeah it may be a cheaper option but if it goes missing via an ebay deal you are out of luck, you want a signature proof it takes 3 months, and you may even get next doors signature so they can still say it wasnt them.
Or you may get no proof at all as it states in their terms...quality service 😕
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post   Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:35 am

I assume you have another option for international post? That's so bad it's funny Razz
Back to top Go down
Plantman
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Plantman

PostSubject: Re: Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post   Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:38 am

Its awful isnt it! ive never read their terms but it contradicts itself and its utter shit.

I now only use fedex or dhl as you can track it right to the doorstep, its a masiive increase in price but well worth it.

I sent a parcel to hungary insured for £400 for £30 4 days delivery. Royal mail would be about £10 10-15 days but it comes with all the shit above Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.vintagetoybox.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post   Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reasons NOT to use royal mail international post

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1