The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

?iphone apps for forum browsing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

?iphone apps for forum browsing Empty
PostSubject: ?iphone apps for forum browsing   ?iphone apps for forum browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:08 am

I'm getting ready to leave on vacation for a week, which means I'll be away from my home computer, and I don't want to drag around a laptop.

I've seen apps in the apps store that are supposed to make forum browsing easier on the iphone. Anyone had any experience with any of these that work on this forum?

I need something to help pass the time in the hotel room between the family excursions so any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! bow

Brad
Back to top Go down
shawn_k
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
shawn_k

PostSubject: Re: ?iphone apps for forum browsing   ?iphone apps for forum browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 am

ctscanman68 wrote:
I'm getting ready to leave on vacation for a week, which means I'll be away from my home computer, and I don't want to drag around a laptop.

I've seen apps in the apps store that are supposed to make forum browsing easier on the iphone. Anyone had any experience with any of these that work on this forum?

I need something to help pass the time in the hotel room between the family excursions so any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! bow

Brad

I've tested out a few of them with the most recent one being forums lite and haven't had much luck here. Forums lite was supposed to work on any non heavily modified phpbb forum. I figured it didn't work either because this site has been modified quite a bit or the way our host has it set up. There are also some others that I've looked at, but they require us to add a plugin to the site to function.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofthetoys.com
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: ?iphone apps for forum browsing   ?iphone apps for forum browsing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Thanks for the reply Shawn.
I saw forums lite in the apps store but all the technical stuff kind of lost me. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Looks like I'll have to find another source of entertainment in the hotel.
Thanks again for the response.

Brad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ?iphone apps for forum browsing   ?iphone apps for forum browsing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

?iphone apps for forum browsing

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1