The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SWFUK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Jimmy,I sent you a PM buddy.
Back to top Go down
bollux
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bollux

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 am

Its a very sad time, I had an awesome time on SWFUK and made some great mates.

As for the lack of Admins, well we never really needed them when it was set up, it used to be just Edd and Dom, so trust me Joe we had a lot more than we used to! Laughing

As for when people got locked out, sadly there was only Edd that could sort that out because of privileges.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 am

bollux wrote:
Its a very sad time, I had an awesome time on SWFUK and made some great mates.

As for the lack of Admins, well we never really needed them when it was set up, it used to be just Edd and Dom, so trust me Joe we had a lot more than we used to! Laughing

As for when people got locked out, sadly there was only Edd that could sort that out because of privileges.

Chris, do you know if there's any hope it will return?
Back to top Go down
bollux
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
bollux

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 am

No idea mate, plus is there any point if somewhere like this is so busy?
Back to top Go down
spoons
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
spoons

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:42 am

Hello Bollux - didn't you once set up an emergency 2nd SWF? What happened to that?
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 5:54 am

Chris if your in contact with some of the lads that haven't popped across here feel free to drop them a link mate Smile

Its laid back here everyone's up for a laugh and of course discussing the hobby we all love with a few educational things thrown in Smile

The TIG forum is a pure vintage Starwars Forum in set up however i want to highlight if people do want to discuss other toy lines or modern then feel free to start threads in Off Topic but the main goal of this forum is to be a hang out for Vintage SW collectors Smile

I have to add there are loads of super guys on here many from RS as well as lads new to forums so it would be cool for the SWF to get to know some new people as well:)
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 am

Another website bites the dust and TIG keeps on tickin!!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am

coachk28 wrote:
. I don't know if this is intended so , but that's a stupid thing to say , I don't know if you where a member on swfuk , but that sound pretty fuckin disrespectfull if it's the laungage barrier the never mind just my two cents
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 am

Wasn't intended to be disrespectful toward any other site.... just seems that there have been several similar sites that have folded or slowly going stale!!!

Nice to see that TIG is still going/growing strong!!!
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:30 am

Don't get your panties in a bunch!!!!
Back to top Go down
spoons
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
spoons

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am

coachk28 wrote:
Wasn't intended to be disrespectful toward any other site.... just seems that there have been several similar sites that have folded or slowly going stale!!!

with all due respect the SWF had been around for 5 years or so and 'ticked' along just nicely before the server issues
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 am

jimmymindtricks wrote:
coachk28 wrote:
. I don't know if this is intended so , but that's a stupid thing to say , I don't know if you where a member on swfuk , but that sound pretty fuckin disrespectfull if it's the laungage barrier the never mind just my two cents

Coach your comment could be construed as a bit crass mate not sure if you intended it like that however it does highlight that many cool sites can died off or crash out in the world of the web.

Ill say this as far as im concerned the TIG Forum belongs to all vintage collectors we have a super great team in place who all actively collect and are incredibly passionate about our hobby.

Myself and Chris work as Admin to ensure everything runs effectively, Shawn leads the Mod team that includes Joe Tim, AJ and John. Rob leads the development team that also includes Stu, Josh T and Jimmy Smile

Though all members working together on the site we have been able to launch features like the TIG You Tube Channel and the Lili Ledy Guide and we will continue to expand the resources over the next year to benefit all members and the more people that can contribute the better!

If for any reason i personally decided to leave the hobby (which will never happen as im 100% a lifelong addict lol) then i would hand over to one of the lads above so rest assured the site will be here for everyone's enjoyment for a very long time to come Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:41 am

spoons wrote:
coachk28 wrote:

with all due respect the SWF had been around for 5 years or so and 'ticked' along just nicely before the server issues

Ill second that

Coach as i highlighted your comment was a bit crass mate intended or not you got to remember SWF was around for a long time in internet terms and was a home for many guys and i have many fond memories from there myself.

Jay
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 am

Again... its wasn't ment to put down SWFUK or any other site.... if I came off that way I am sorry!!!

Jay I couldnt agree with you more though.... you guys are doing a great job!!!
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:14 am

Jay,

I think you did great in creating this site as it is a sprawling community in itself and can now also function as a safety net for the SWF lads. I know you created it at least in part with a possible demise of the SWF due to Edd losing interest in mind and you should be recommended for that. Even more so now that the end of the SWF is a very real possibility.

Saying that, I do think that the SWF has slumped quite a bit since quite a few of its active members set out for greener pastures. But I'm pretty sure it would have survived and not gone the way of the Imperial Outpost, if not for the recent troubles.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 am

coachk28 wrote:
Again... its wasn't ment to put down SWFUK or any other site.... if I came off that way I am sorry!!!

You couldn't have known, but to many people on here (including me) the SWF is more than just a forum.
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 am

Hey Chris mate,

The lack of admins comment was only really meant due to the times we had problems with mr dog fucker and no-one was around to tackle him lol, it just seemed to come at the same time, Darth + Ron were losing interest and not on, you and weasel were probably busy and well Edd was never on so we were having to deal with him as regular members, tracking him and weeding out new members etc!

I hope some more guys turn up here though, I agree with many - SWF was a fun place, but all are welcome here - great bunch of lads Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 10:34 am

Joe_O wrote:
Hey Chris mate,

The lack of admins comment was only really meant due to the times we had problems with mr dog fucker and no-one was around to tackle him lol, it just seemed to come at the same time, Darth + Ron were losing interest and not on, you and weasel were probably busy and well Edd was never on so we were having to deal with him as regular members, tracking him and weeding out new members etc!

I hope some more guys turn up here though, I agree with many - SWF was a fun place, but all are welcome here - great bunch of lads Smile

I think its fair to say the whole Hangate saga and how it was dealt with (i wont go into details as its in the past now) did put quite a few folk off the site in the end myself included.

Prior to that i had a great time there and met many friends and i am genuinely saddened to see it end the way it did.

Moving things forward i just want to reiterate that every vintage collector is welcome here and i hope we can all have a good laugh over the coming months Smile

There are many great lads on here that you may not know some lads came from RS and for others TIG is there first SW Forum.

It would be also really cool to see some of you join in the live chat feature at some point as well so we can have a proper catch up Smile

Cheers Jay
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am

I wasn't on there much in the last few months, but I do have to agree that the place was awesome. Josh_T asked me yesterday what info was lost over there when it went down. I told him it was a ton of great reference guides and the knowledge that the guys on there compiled in its time was priceless. On top of that, the guys on there made you feel like you were one of them, just like this place does. Plus the Hangate was a funny read. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah lots of cool threads and funny shit , the other collection page had some cool things aswell , well I guess one good thing out of it , hAn duo's day's of predending to be a sixteen year old girl that only collects palitoy are over
Back to top Go down
theguiltyone
New User
New User

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

So this is where all ye SWFUK punks are hanging out.
Is this my new home???

marc
Back to top Go down
Del
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Del

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Looks that way Marc lol.

You will like it over here tbh Cool
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome abourd dude.

Kik off your shoes and stay a while.

Dan. welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
hothrebel
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
hothrebel

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 6:44 pm

Welcome Mark,I only joined my self yesterday

Spread the word if there are others who may not have made the leap to this site from SWF.

Just hope this site brings as many laughs as SWF did,who can ever forget Auggie???? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 am

Is there any way we can notify the deadbeat sellers that we're here now? unsure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SWFUK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SWFUK   SWFUK - Page 2 I_icon_minitime